Suffolk Bushcraft Group Daniel Boone Challenge 20th and 21st September 2013

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I so want one... :)..... keep meaning to get one... be good to see, as I am would like to put my east German ponchos in between the halves.. :)

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Interesting to note that lightweight only suits certain environments. And the same round of discussions on how long or far a longhunter would be away from basecamp. Good find Sam.

Thanks Colin.
Its an interesting read.
Well placed hear me out too.
And the usual discussions of how long the long hunters went out and the whole basecamp aspect again.
A boonie basecamp could be interesting to play around with.

I'm still planning on doing a brass monkey boonie (partly because the next chance I will get to go out to play will be December time due to assorted family members breaking various limbs)

Thanks Colin.
Its an interesting read.
Well placed hear me out too.
And the usual discussions of how long the long hunters went out and the whole basecamp aspect again.
A boonie basecamp could be interesting to play around with.

I'm still planning on doing a brass monkey boonie (partly because the next chance I will get to go out to play will be December time due to assorted family members breaking various limbs)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
For those Boonies that wanted to or would like to have taken part in the last one, I have just this last week agreed dates with the Landowner for a Boone Challenge in May next year, and will be looking at some new woodlands to use.

This time it will run over 4 nights and the dates will be.....23rd May to 26th May 2014 inclusive

The Idea of the challenge will run along the same lines, with the same Ideals and Equipment List as this one, with a difference.

Day one will be meet and Park Up - Walk to SBCG main woodland - Stay over night there as a group.
Day Two - walk to a new woodland acouple of miles a way - stay over night
Day Three - walk to a new woodland acouple of miles a way - stay over night.
Day Four - Walk to SBCG main woodland - Stay over night there as a group.

This is a basic idea of the Challenge, and details will be worked out, I will be looking to open it to a wider group then last time, the numbers will depend on the final plan's, agreed with land owner.

I will be starting a new thread in the new year with greater detail.. So keep an eye out :)....

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
If those who attended the last Daniel Boone challenge could PM me their address, I have something to send you guys.

Obviously those I'll be seeing at the December meet don't need to bother... I'll just hand it to you at the meet.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE