Successfully patented my paracord survival bracelet invention!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...very interested....and well done....but its my understanding that anyone simply has to slightly change a dimension , weave, or shape and they can do it....no?

also....surely the die hard beach bum wouldve probably got the bracelet wet no?

good luck with it m8, though i fear it wont necessarily do you much good....please keep us informed of any incidents,

regards

s

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Not wanting to sound churlish and I like the ingenuity but am surprised at the issue of a patent, after all is this any more than an adaption that is available to anyone to make/sell? I doubt, for example that you could patent different kinds of useful things hung on a belt. Having seen references to a couple of previous posts showing this people should be aware that prior disclosure can invalidate a patent.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Are US Patents even enforcible outside the US?

No. I don't believe it would be patentable in the UK/Europe either. If China fancies making these it's not a problem and they can export them. They'd probably even export them to resellers in the US and it's up to whomever owns the patent to enforce it by chasing them down and shutting their business down otherwise the patent would shortly be unenforceable. I'm not an expert though, but that's my understanding following many such conversations with a patent agent. UK/Europe is much stricter (seems to have a fairly common sense approach, but very bizarre in other respects) - American patent system seems to be just a way of lawyers to generate money out of both sides.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE