Best paracord survival bracelet? -firesteel, tinder, scraper and sling

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
great comments; keep the ideas coming!

here is the schematic for those wondering!

Copyofbsbschematic.jpg

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Im not sure the jute is even neccessary. The chances are you can find dry natural tinder and if all you can find is wet your jute is probably wet.
i do like the intergration of the scraper/plaque and the firesteel is very clever.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
great comments; keep the ideas coming!

just a little one for you Kev,

2011-05-23202703.jpg

I've been wearing the Solomon bar one for a few months now and it's been great, I decided to take my 'spare' compass and put it on a triple weave band like yours, less survival, more 'navigator band' :D I'm not sure how well or how close you could get the compass to the striker bar, without it offsetting the compass but it's worth looking at maybe?

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
Ok, I'm gonna call this creation the B.S.B. (Best Survival Bracelet); "others are just B.S." ha ha ha no offense, it just came to me LOL.

I've got the perfect scraper - just arrived today. My bud from Artisian Attributes has send me a second generation scraper that more than addresses all my comments on the first one. I was prepared to sacrifice scraping ability for the "look" as long as I could indeed start a fire with it. I'm stoked that not only does this scraper look great on the bracelet, it actually generates sparks as good as any scraper I've used before!

I stripped down the original bracelet of jute and scraper. Rather than miss an opportunity to film; I create this video showing you how to "recharge" the B.S.B. (add fresh jute and reattach scraper after a use). Obviously, this is not intended to be your primary firesteel and scraper - you won't be doing this after every hike or camping trip I HOPE!

YouTube - ‪Paracordist's B.S.B. Best Survival Bracelet - paracord, firesteel, scraper, tinder, sling‬‏

My next video will be showing the creation of fire with nothing else but this bracelet; no tools, no knife.

3bears

Settler
Jun 28, 2010
Anglesey, North Wales
I like that one, look good with the centre cord in red I reckon.

Do you sell those?

funny you should mention the red!

2011-06-12174114.jpg
this is what I'm wearing right now

the black one I made as a gift for my uncle, I don't really sell ones like this to the tourists here as the Silva compass inst cheap and it would drive the price up so ones like these only really end up going to friends for trades on bits n bobs of kit ect

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
my first in olive drab
251.jpg

Also, I'm now leaving 1/8" extra in the loop and the attach cord for the button. this allows a "looser fit" to start; but if the wearer desires more snug, a bit of the loop can be pulled out (pull the end with the steel), then the end can be snipped and burned again at the steel.

253.jpg

254.jpg

Last edited:
J

jandar

how about adding a watch to it.

Then you have a watch, a scraper, a compass and firesteel in one..

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
I've got the new scrapers for the BSB bracelets. They are a slightly larger (1/8" wider and just under 1/2" longer than the original). This will allow a more realistic size palette on which to have a local shop engrave personal information. Also more to work with for those wishing to put a cutting edge on one side. The finish is polished which would be more effective for use as a reflective signal. They scrape firesteels every bit as good as the original which is the most important factor!
DSCN3989.jpg

Also, I've acquired green jute. This picture shows it with a black bracelet. I've got my eye on more jute colors to increase the options!
1132.jpg

1125.jpg

FlyingHaggis

Aug 29, 2011
Scotland
Fantastic what a great and innovative idea - have you thought about selling them ? ( especially to those who are not very good when it comes to weaving and knots :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE