Paracord survival bracelet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mr.punch

Forager
Oct 15, 2012
somerset/devon border
Got into making these as they seemed quite easy and bought ones were a bit of money so here we are.

One 9 foot length of paracord some jute string for tinder a fishing hook and some line a scalpel blade and a ferro rod and a small piece of insulation tape, all woven into bracelet and can be worn all the time. Could come in handy you never know.

652B7A8C-A362-4B41-9027-56AC79789C82.jpg

C00E9D6F-5B91-4D15-9790-08B3A102B1BE.jpg

I will put some snare wire in the next one when I can find it.

Mr.punch

Forager
Oct 15, 2012
somerset/devon border
No they are not melted solid and come apart quite easily, the ends are just lightly melted to stop them fraying, to use the inner cord when unravelled you just snip the very tip off.
HTH

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Good to hear that. The melted solid/melted together ends is a bug bear of mine. Not everyone carries a penknife to get them apart, making it near impossible for the user to undo with ease.

Have you ever made a slatts bracelet? You might like the design.

Mr.punch

Forager
Oct 15, 2012
somerset/devon border
Slatts belt looks good I looked it up after a comment on this thread, really easy once you get going and the good thing is you can knit it as long as you want straight from the spool. I am going to make a rifle sling using the slatts method.

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Let us know how you get on.

MrPunch - Seeing that thread again reminds me, you can always tuck the two ends back under the cobra weave on your bracelet like I did with the end of the belt. But instead of melting leave them so that they can be pulled out if and when required?

Text below copied from belt thread to show what I mean:

I have the advantage of having a paracord needle for the next part, but you can do the same with other tools.

Now feed the cord back under the weave.
DSCF3926.jpg

and after some time you sould have something like this
DSCF3929.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE