Stubborn baby

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Fed up now.

Baby Verloc was supposed to be here one week ago. Stuck kicking around not too far from the house with Mrs Verloc getting more and more uncomfortable and therefore grumpy.

She has been booked in for an induction on Saturday which means our original plans for the birth are out the window as we will have to be in the big main hospital, which is a lot more restricted in visiting etc etc.

Never know she may pop before then but the midwives don't sound too hopeful.

hummpphh!

have sharpened all me knives, cleaned all my LPs and I am now considering even doing some work (as in dayjob work) whilst SWMBO marinates in a warm bath.

Tom

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Well, at least the baby won't have to share a birthday with Christmas :D

Hope everything goes very well :)

:grouphug:
Mary

p.s. Boy or Girl ? do you know yet ?

Last edited:

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Pintsize will wait till the most inconvenient moment - snow, tiredness, traffic conditions and then make a bid for freedom.

Our youngest was only2 hours old when we had to make the descission - drive home or get snowed in at the hospital - the journey home won!

I know what you're going through and (sorry to say) there's nothing I can do to ease your pain.

ATB

Ogri the trog

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
A good hot curry or a drive :drive: down a bumpy road :red: might encourage things along a bit quicker, the other alternative is, well, sort of a re-enactment of what started the process all those months ago goodjob

But like so many things in life, it is worth the wait.

Good luck:D

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
err thanks guys - i think that considering she has just taken herself upto bed with a half read dog eared copy of Gone With Wind I think my advances may not be the most welcome at the moment :pokenest: :rolleyes:

We do know its a wee girl we are having. Where we are we have 20miles to go in any direction when we were choosing so we have done a couple of runs through - which have been a little interesting considering the weather. I think I would have "pushed" for the same outcome there Ogri.

Its also Caits 30th tomorrow as well and we have kinda had to put everything on hold so I think that that is making her also feel a little down as she was sure the baby would have arrived by now.

Right off to make a brew.

Cheers
Tom

ps - thanks for that Stoo - i dont think that I will remind her of that ad at the moment (ps there's a Christmas pressie here for you as well mate).

Last edited:

Carbuncle

Forager
Jan 12, 2009
Merseyside
My missus went nearly the two weeks over with both ours. The first time I subconciously came to the conclusion that the whole thing was a hoax and female consipracy. So having kept myself soberish for about a month, I went on an all dayer. Bugger me if emerging from the boozer (and into GSM reception) at last orders, there wasn't a message from my beloved, urging my to, er, hasten my f*****g way home. It's not big and it's not clever, but I wound up driving her to the hossy at 4 in the morning, with, mercifully, very little on the roads. The lad took another 20 hours to arrive, which I put down to his thoughtfullness in getting me through the hangover.

Oh well, live and learn ;-)

Last edited:

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
SWMBO was 2 weeks over with our first and 10 days over with our second. for some reason they're always late recently even a friend had one just before christmas and that was late by a couple of weeks.
i reckon the docs can't add anymore.

still as everyone says, various things from curry's to bumby car drives, heavy metal and re-creating the cause of her symptoms.
Castor oil i've heard doesn't work at all and whoever thought about the floor scrubbing one was prolly just a sadist? i mean who's going to make a pregnant woman scrub a floor?

hope all goes well!

hiraeth

Settler
Jan 16, 2007
Port Talbot
Not an easy time i know my youngest boy was three weeks over when it was decided that enough was enough and he arrived by section, think swmbo was glad though as he weighed in at nine pounds twelve ounces.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Well wouldn't you just know it, labour has started at 0130hrs today. Me and the missus back home for a change of scenery, bacon buttie and a brief kip before heading back into the midwifery unit. Obviously it must be the BCUK voodoo working here......

Will keep you posted :D :D :D :D :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE