Stuart M cpm 3v

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Received my birthday present today;
S1030632.jpg

Stuart Mitchell custom CPM 3V hardened to 61/62 and she's a beaut! green micarta with black liners.

heres a picture showing the pattern knife i sent to Stuart.
S1030642.jpg

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
the knife feels very well balanced in the hand, and although it would be considered rather large for 'bushcraft' use it is surprisingly easy to handle.
i am hoping to play this bank holiday, there is a woodfayre near us so i may have a walk round the Beacon and play on some fallen bits of real tree wood!

i think i can now let the pattern go, its a Katz Stainless with cherrywood scales and stainless bolsters i think there called, i shall have to ask someone who knows all the terminology, maybe someone can advise me on a value?
12-12-07_2136.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Great to see a knife that isn't a YAWC

Looks like to would make a good skinner as well as a nice "outdoors" knife

I like

Red

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Tell me what more I need to do? :)

Seriously though - its great too see people saying "this shape / style works for me" rather than just having a design that someone else invented - it promotes debate, discussion, why does that work better for a given task etc. etc.

I like the fact that Dingo took a production knife design and had it re-made in a different grind and steel and based his choice on his own needs and experiences. Full marks in my book!

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Looks a beauty. I was gonna drop in on Stuart yesterday as work is a bit slow at the minute and I happened to be in the area. Unfortunately, a Smart car would struggle for parking around there! My van didn't stand a chance!

Sorry Stuart, I'll try again sometime soon in the future, knowing that I could drop in at any time will keep you on your toes!

:D

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Evening mate,

I am pleased it arrived safe and well, more pleased you like it though...

It was a nice project, good to take all the bits of your original knife that you liked, mod the ones you didn't, invent a few others...

That is a very nice knife you have there, Dugan leather to boot ;) , it will serve you extremely well, for a very, very long time, enjoy it mate :)

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
Thanks gents, for all the comments and for Stu the maker, i will try and do it justice and i am sure it will stand on to whatever i ask of it.

Me thinks i need a good belt now to hang it off! that will keep my trousers up as well, goodbye 'builders bum':yelrotflm

Adam.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE