Stropping supplies?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
You can use a normal leather belt and Autosol from Halfords

yep, do that. Simple, easy and cheap. If you do want a wider bigger strop get a rectangluarl sheet of 3-4mm veg tan from an ebay seller. I got a 12" x 4" strip for about £5 I use on big stuff and I loaded it with autosol, got a tube of that from ebay for £5 and it'll last years.

woodgrain

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 24, 2010
Gone
I recently got the leather and finer of the two compounds from Nic Westermann. Fella makes damn fine tools and the stropping gear works very well indeed.

EDIT: just to say that the white compound I got from Nic is really, really fine and I've been using it after the Starkie blue to achieve an even finer edge. Works great on my spoon knives and carvers! :)

Last edited:

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Hope its OK to respond about the postage charge on my site. To simplify things on my site I have a flat rate of £4.95 . I admit that if you buy a single piece of Leather you don't get a very good deal, but as postage of smaller packages is calculated as much by the thickness of the package than by weight posting stropping compounds is actually more expensive that posting most of the blades I make, which is my living now. I only added the sharpening side of my website as customers were asking how to maintain the edges on blades they had bought, so put up the products I actually use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE