Stretcher bed?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
Hi all,

Been considering trying a canvas A Frame type bed for a while but struggling to find one that is ready made in the UK. Anyone know where I can find one / someone able to make it?? Basically just a cotton canvas tube that is stretched out to form a bed about 3ft wide. Most canvas rolls would not be wide enough to fold and sew looking online.

This is the kind of thing I’m on about but MM haven’t had them for ages.

troutman

Nomad
May 14, 2012
North East (UK)
@John Fenna sleeps on something similar if I remember correctly, though it might not be a tube, but strung through eyelets.
Knew I had seen someone on the forum doing it! Cheers!

Considering an army basha folded and maybe threaded with paracord to form a bed. Anyone done it? Don’t own one, just know they have webbing.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
That is what I use - MOD tarp sew along one edge with paracord through holes melted into the webbing every 1" and hung on short poles through the "stretcher" handles to make a hammock or on long poles down the length of the tube over a tripod at each end.
Very comfy :)

Reactions: troutman

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE