Strangest thing you've ever eaten?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Not really Bear Grylls, but I tried crispy fried slug last night.

Surprisingly didn't taste like chicken, but were a bit nicer than I thought they would be ;)
I stupidly didn't think to take pictures, so next time it rains I'll go collecting and make some more.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Raw cow pat. I crashed face first into a pile in a mountain bike race.

Long story, but I was so dehydrated I couldn't spit it all out. :(

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Eggs fresh from inside a freshly killed chicken, spatchcock dog, spider monkey spit rosted, all beaten by my mother in laws egg and potatoe and cornbeef thing, that made me chunder!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Dog food sandwich, I was very very very very drunk though

I fell face first on Ilfracombe beach when I was a kid and swallowed half the beach

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012

stuey

Sep 13, 2011
High Peak
www.arb-tek.co.uk

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Probably chip shop sausage ~ never too sure what it is :eek: :rofl:

It's drink related rather than food so it really doesn't count... but John Fenna likened my water carrier to his wife's bum :yikes: :lmao: :eek: :yikes:

squishy

Maker Plus
Sep 13, 2011
Doncaster
www.facebook.com
I ate guinea pig entrails in Peru once.. not the nicest tasting stuff, altho strangely it tasted better than the celery soup we had as a starter. Also had alpaca heart kebabs which were slightly nicer :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Dog food sandwich, I was very very very very drunk though....

when we first got the dog he wouldn't eat at all, i think he'd not been looked after very well. we tried all sorts of things to get him eating, some pretty sucessful, some not so, the one thing really worked was me getting down on my hands and knees and having a biscuit or two from his bowl whilst he was watching. honestly, genuinely, no word of a lie, some of it was lovely, like ryvita but with a bit of flavour..........but the tinned stuff.......shewie have a word mate :)

cheers

stuart

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Ants (tasted like peppermint), roasted mealworms (like peanuts), scorpion (very dry, little taste), the worst is either swede or a bigmac.
I'd like to have a go at woodlice.

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE