Stove recommendations?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Hello all,
I currently use a Vango stainless 3 person cook set or atlest parts of it however am looking to downsize. Has anyone got any recommendations for a small 1-2 person stackable cookset that is titanium or stainless?
I'm trying to avoid Aluminium because of kidney issues and the long debated and never resolved link to alzheimer's. Ideally the set will be a maximum of 15cm in diameter and suitable for use over a fire.
Thanks again for your time.

Harb505

Forager
Nov 22, 2011
Lincolnshire
Yea I found them for £15 :) also I think the TK800/S-9 Stove that I've ordered will fit in it as well :D. I'm currently using a 'Camping Gaz Bleuet Micro Plus' but low temp and wind really get to it but worst of all is its stability issues. I've never liked having the burner ontop of the gas bottle then putting the pan on top, it's far to top heavy and I end up having to sit it in a hole for stability.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Yea I found them for £15 :) also I think the TK800/S-9 Stove that I've ordered will fit in it as well :D. I'm currently using a 'Camping Gaz Bleuet Micro Plus' but low temp and wind really get to it but worst of all is its stability issues. I've never liked having the burner ontop of the gas bottle then putting the pan on top, it's far to top heavy and I end up having to sit it in a hole for stability.

I've got wee fold out legs that weigh nought that I'll use with my new Optimus Crux in the warmer weather. Got from Bob at Backpackinglight if memory serves...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE