Stove Alcohol Bottle.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
I'm looking for a decent way to carry alcohol for a penny stove I'm about to have a go at making, a lot of the camping vids on youtube the guys have little plastic bottles. What do you guys use? Can you reccomend a good fuel carry system or anything?

Cheers in advance.

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
I suppose there is no reason at all not to use a Fruit Shoot bottle. I do like being thrifty.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I have a couple of the Swedish army meths bottles (the 250ml ones you get with the SAT) I also have a 750ml Sigg type bottle that I got from a poundshop. Both work just great :)

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
I personally wouldn't use a fruit shoot bottle as it could leak on all your nice kit. Which is not good!! Let alone if it leaks on you through your pack and you haven't noticed try to start a fire when you reach camp in the middle of nowhere and you can fill in the rest. One thing I have seen and want is in America they have thick aluminium bottles for beer like buds etc. that look perfect and I have seen similar type bottles in the uk. If your like me and like to be thrifty then this could be a win win. You get a nice beer and a fuel bottle.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I personally wouldn't use a fruit shoot bottle as it could leak on all your nice kit. Which is not good!! Let alone if it leaks on you through your pack and you haven't noticed try to start a fire when you reach camp in the middle of nowhere and you can fill in the rest. One thing I have seen and want is in America they have thick aluminium bottles for beer like buds etc. that look perfect and I have seen similar type bottles in the uk. If your like me and like to be thrifty then this could be a win win. You get a nice beer and a fuel bottle.

I've yet to have one leak on my kit or me in over 4 years of using them.

As for your ali beer bottle, nice idea for a strong container but how do you fit a lid on it?

Druss

Forager
Jul 28, 2013
Leeds
My wife just said the same about the fruit shoot bottle and i don't fancy ending up in the news as the guy who spontaniously combusted alone in the woods. These don't look too bad but i.m thinking the tops could get bent and twisted and have the same problem with leaking.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
The small bottle the meths comes in from the shop is good enough for me, i then decant what i need into this from a larger container of fuel at home.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
Ok I have found them they are miller lite beer bottles with a screw lid they are sold on eBay
puja8uza.jpg

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
the experience I had with a sigg was the meths softened the rubber seal as streched it . The outcome was lost meths and a bag smelling of it. Fortunatley it evapourate unlike petrol. I prefer something solid for the very reason of loosing your fuel can be annoying !

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Have a word with a local builder and see if he will save a few of the small two-stroke oil bottles they use for 2stroke disc-cutters.

Or the local ladies hair salon for their hair product bottles, or maybe you have some old shampoo bottles...

Yes to the Trangia bottles as well, but they aren't any better than the person using them...Simple safe methods of using anything to do with flammable liquids and hot surfaces/flames is not something to enter the Darwin awards with.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE