Storage, pantry shelving

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Thanks Stew. Both good links. That loft is a bit bigger project than I have room for in James' room though. Maybe in my next house though?

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
used builders planks in my ex-downstairs loo,used 2x2" as supports with 4 inch concrete screws,nothing is moving these babies! i have got the top 3 shelves 2 planks wide and the bottom 2 (easiest to get to) 4 wide,they are supporting over 400 cans between them,plus some dried goods,on the floor under the shelves i have home brew fermenting bins filled with rice,oats ,lentils ,mixed pulses,sugar,and flour.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
toddy how big is your back garden because i have possible solution and that is why not build an 1940s style air raid shelter in it and the make it water tight and use that and then cover the out side with a veg plot like they used to do in 1940.
cos then u could have it as big as you wanted or you could spend 10.000 or more and have the house underpinned by a cellor and have dunn

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
What you are describing is a "root cellar" Drew - they work very well indeed done well, cool, dark, temperature stable all year round. Might make a hell of a mess of Mary's garden in the construction though :)

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
...and we need to give her a big cellar - Mary did ask for more space.

If we used a really BIG charge, it would get rid of all the spoil at the same time ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE