Stops during the rain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Bothy bags! Best price I have seen them is at Joe Browns climbing shop near plas-y-brenin North Wales.
They are a group emergency shelter like a group poncho to keep worst of weather out while stopped for lunch or treating casualty,and yes they aren't discrete, designed to be seen.
I have used an old flysheet for the same purpose.Just pull it over your head and sit on the edges.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
You ever tried to get one of them back into the bag quickly? I spent ages with the wife and kids saying well it come out so it must fit in! :rolleyes:
You just put them over your heads and there is a nice gap under you no need for anything fancy lots better than the old orange bin/bivvi bag.

leon-1

Spacemonkey said:
I chuck on a US poncho, which i also use as a basha, and it covers me and my kit. I then crouch down and wait for the worst to pass in my own ickle tent with a view...

Someone else mentioned them, bothy bags (although these are made by terra nova) and the similair designs do not work in the same way as a poncho or basha. They create a micro climate in cold conditions, if you place your daysack or bergan against the outside wall they are very good if a little claustophobic when you have a few people in one. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE