Stopping smoking, anyone with me?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Well, after stopping smoking for 7 years, then starting again last year!!!

I'm having another crack at it. I've not had one since Friday night, but nearly buckled sat round the fire with a beer last night.

Any one else feel like joining in for group support - like the mass weight loss thread? If i stop, i'll be joining that thread in 6 months though :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
278 days, 14 hours, 54 minutes and 23 seconds and counting

Not any easier today than it was on day one, just take it a day at a time, you can do it...

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I've cut them out at work and home but it's when I get out in the sticks that I want to smoke again.

I hear you there buddy. Luckily Snozz & Dan don't smoke, so there's not much temptation there. I bet the beggars will start now, just the wind me up :)

Work will be the hardest for me when i go back. After some mornings teaching, i just need to escape for a cig at lunch - bliss!

No, not bliss!! BAD! VERY BAD!!! ARGHHHH! :(

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
i feel your pain mate, i'm on the E-Cigs and they seem to be working well at the moment although i do crave a proper roll up !

I'm an all or nothing man. I just know an e-cig would only be prolonging the inevitable for me. Do you still get the nicotine hit with them then?

I'm going cold turkey! Now addicted to shortbread biscuits and coffee :deadhorse:

Mate, I went from 20 odd a day B&H gold to 0 in 24hrs using e-cigs.

Just thought I would try them to cut down but didn't need another real ciggy. That was about a month or so ago. Give em ago it's like quitting but not lol, as you still get the sensation of smoking and the nicotine so no wanting to kill someone.

Best of luck bud I tried everything to no avail but the e-cigs worked with no effort as I didn't intend to actually give up lol.

Kev

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Good luck with it James, I'm.tempted as I've gone from two bowls a day to 3-4 bowls . Worse is I'm not enjoying my pipe as much as I've started smoking it like a cig that lasts twenty minutes :eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
All the very best of luck to you in giving up. I smoked far too much for far too long and am pretty much knackered for it now. Do whatever it takes; if one method doesn't work for you, try something else.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
All the very best of luck to you in giving up. I smoked far too much for far too long and am pretty much knackered for it now. Do whatever it takes; if one method doesn't work for you, try something else.

Cheers Ian, i'm determined to stick with it :)

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Good luck with it James, I'm.tempted as I've gone from two bowls a day to 3-4 bowls . Worse is I'm not enjoying my pipe as much as I've started smoking it like a cig that lasts twenty minutes :eek:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tell me about it. After stopping for 7 years, it was the pipe that got me back on it. Just a bowl or two when camping, then just finishing it off at home. Then just a smoke in the afternoon, then the morning. The missus moaned about the smell, so bought some cigs = in no time, back up to 20+ a day & £30 a week :yikes:

Problem was, i got cocky. I though just because i'd stopped for so long, i would be fine to have a few toots on the pipe. :nono:

Once an addict, always an addict. If i manage to stop, i'll not make the same mistake twice. I wont buy any more baccy...

..I'll just crib it off mates :)

Cromm

Mar 15, 2009
Debenham,Suffolk.
If you need help you can use your pharmacy they will be there to give advice and help with the items for sale that are out there. Best of luck.

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I wish you all the best in your endeavors to quit.

I had a big incentive to quit when my missus found out she was pregnant with our eldest 8 years ago, I went cold turkey and haven't looked back since. Although I do sometimes dream that I have had a cig and wake up feeling guilty .

Take each day as it comes and good luck.

atb
Craig

Silverclaws

Forager
Jul 23, 2009
Plymouth, Devon
It was a lot of peer pressure that destroyed my latest attempt at quitting smoking besides the food issue, as when we went out to the pub, all my friends are smokers, so conversations started inside continue outside and to be part of the discussion guess what one has to do just to get tortured by smokers, as at home no smoke at pubs - smoke, i remember it was like every pub trip, twice a week it was back to square one in the desire to get away from it.

The food issue, well we all know food is expensive and myself being unemployed even more so and as a a smoker one's food bill is low, stop smoking the sudden desire to get fit comes upon one and so more food is needed and that for provided prohibitive, now I am smoking again and I eat every other day. Recently my doctor had me tested for malnutrition as if we could have that in our country, but we can, food is too expensive, but anyway I got prescribed 'build up' packs which are great because I drink a hell of a lot of milk, but it does not solve the problem that food is too expensive so many who smoke I know do so in order to eat less, this is very common with the unemployed.

But given the fact that the government are saying how toxic smoking is i would wish them to put their money where their mouth is and if it is bad ban it as to continue to allow smoking they are failing in their primary duty to protect the public and if not shut the f up and stop alienating people.

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
best of luck James, especially going cold turkey.! tomorrow at 11 am it will be a week for me with the help of champix, it was especially difficult at times at last weekends meet at north wood, couldnt really relax as i normally do but im sticking with it, hope it goes well for you. :)

steve

roger-uk

Settler
Nov 21, 2009
long Eaton
I wish you all the best - Quit 12 years ago but now at 56 having lung problems with capacity.

Do it and then please please remember that your a nicotine drug addict. I know now that one fag and I'll be back smoking. Its a hard fact to swallow but with me so true.

I would rather chop my hands off than go back now

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
But given the fact that the government are saying how toxic smoking is i would wish them to put their money where their mouth is and if it is bad ban it as to continue to allow smoking they are failing in their primary duty to protect the public and if not shut the f up and stop alienating people.

HMG doesn't want you to stop smoking. Perish the thought!

I quit for nearly a year before starting back up again at the start of this year! I actually found it really easy to quit the first time round, no moodyness or craving for them etc, just went cold turkey and that was it! It took just one fag to get me back into it!! Now im finding it much harder to quit second time round, im two months in and still on patches and an E-light thing for that extra boost and to make myself feel like im still smoking! I'm doing well, just cant be around anyone who smokes for real because I still find it smells 'nice'!! Deffo harder the second time round! But, stick with it dude, it will all be worth it in the end. Best of luck to you :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE