Stone Age Tools

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Good news. I got an email from Heendei, the Tlingit in the halibut hook videos.
I can buy the Tlingit halibut hook kits for $65USD (off shore shipping might kill you.) Cross-border into Canada, some blood-sucker will think of a freight charge.

If I can work out paper patterns from what I have found in museum collections, I'll share. I'll make them as proof of concept. I will never copy Heendei's work, although I can.
= = =
This is a major difference between your world and mine. Neolithic activity is alive and well, all around us here in this day and time. Down my street, down the road, on the river, all around us, all the time. Nobody blinks, it's quite normal. The west coast art and carving work is everywhere, just a part of living.

Reactions: FerlasDave

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ah, Mr Lord. He’s the bloke who started me off way back when too. You’re right, he does know a little bit. I had a hand axe of his, but it got nicked a while back. And I don’t mean by Poppy. Beautiful thing.

Cracking name Mookaite, I must get some to make a ring for Emm.

That is stunning though. Looks like it’s just come out of a hot forge.
It's truly stunning & beautifully knapped too. I confess to mounting it to a pin & wearing it on my jacket

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I use flint flakes like those in my kitchen for cutting up raw meats. They are never slippery but almost dangerously sharp. I really enjoy dipping into the neolithic.

Reactions: JonathanD

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE