Still Life - A movie recommendation.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Hello all.

A movie recommendation.

I watched a movie the other night, not bushcrafty in any way whatsoever, no guns, no monsters, no fast cars in fact none of the stuff the bulk of cinema seems to contain these days.

But I found it to be a very watchable and enjoyable film.

It stars Eddie Marsan who you'd probably recognise if you saw him and tells the tale of a council worker going about his day to day job arranging the funerals and trying to trace the relatives of folks who've died alone in council properties.

There is a review by Mark Kermode here should you wish to know more.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I saw that advertised a while back and swithered. (The lead was an annoying character in the first thing I saw him in and has put me off a little - silly I know).
Will give it a whirl if you say it's good. You're a man of impecable taste don't you know.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I like Eddie Marsan... he's been in some great films and played some interesting parts. Last weird one I saw him in was The Disappearance of Alice Creed... but he's been all over Hollywood since. He was the inspector fella in Sherlock Holmes, the bad guy in Hancock and the role I thought he was best in, as Peter Paige in The Worlds End.

Hadn't heard of Still Life though... will look it up.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
They should have put kermode in charge of Flim xxxx after barry norman, instead of ross, or whoever does it now.

Eddie Marsdens an excellent actor. He's brilliant, as Ray Donovans brother.

Think I'll give this a go. Thanks SB

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE