Stihl or Husky?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bayleaf

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
gloucestershire
I wouldn't think of milling with anything less than say 60cc and that is working it hard. Milling burns saws out. I have a 120cc husky and an alaskan mill but I would always try to get the log to a big bandsaw out of choice.

I would agree.You really want a saw with some good heft,and realistically,unless you're thinking of doing quite a bit of milling,I wouldn't bother.Remember that with a chainsaw mill,you loose 1/4" with every pass.On a small log that is not really practicable.Hope this is of use.

bayleaf

Tenderfoot
Oct 31, 2008
gloucestershire
If you can find some-one with a woodmizer who will mill for you,that is probably the best way forward.The woodmizer mill is a fantastic bit of kit.Very capable.

dandan

Nov 23, 2007
South West France
I have a 440e Husky , got it in UK in 2010 , as the price here in France is so much more.
Ditto with any Stihl models.

This saw of mine is super. I had a Black & Decker electric one before , and the difference is like night and day.

I used 20 cu meters of seasoned oak last winter , and the saw had no trouble cutting it.

Both saws are the choice of professionals , so take your pick !!

Happy trails !!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE