Sticky drawcord on brand new bivvy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Maily

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2016
United Kingdom

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
I replaced the cord on mine with waxed paracord and that helped a little though on most nights when out with just the bivvy bag I'll just scrunch it up and use a binder clip.
561339_sk_lg

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
What is the draw cord on yours made of? On mine it's kinda like shoe lace material. It also seems to synch down nicely. It's one of the XL version with the additional triangle added, and I can get it down to just a whole big enough to breath through.

J

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Mine was the same, shoe lace material and almost impossible to cinch down. I replaced the lace with 2mm dyneema which is very slippery and now it functions as expected :)

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Get rid of the bootlace, it's a PITA. The only thing it is good for is pulling something else thru. I replaced mine with dyneema, too.

Maily

Tenderfoot
Jan 2, 2016
United Kingdom
What is the draw cord on yours made of? On mine it's kinda like shoe lace material. It also seems to synch down nicely. It's one of the XL version with the additional triangle added, and I can get it down to just a whole big enough to breath through.

J

Yeah mine is like that. It foes close up nice and small. Just takes an age and is fiddly to from the outside nevermind inside.
The cord is like a furry shoelace. Grips like mad to it's sleeve.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Have you tried a Wilko or Homebase diy store? They usually have a selection of cordage types that you can cut off a roll by the metre, way cheaper than going to ebay plus the postage. Dyneema after all is just a high tech version of polyethene washing line, as you are not going to need a huge amount of tensile strength it would be more than adequate and just as slippy. They do some nice braided types right down to the really cheap and nasty stuff like farmers bailing twine.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Thanks everyone. Confirmed what I was thinking.
Now where's the cheapest place to get dyneema, ebay i guess?

If you PM me your address I'll send you enough for your bivvy. As long as you don't mind it being bright orange :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE