Stick Making?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
Can anybody point me in the direction of any on-line tutorials or guides that give the do's and don'ts involved in the art of stick making?

...first cut your stick ?

thanks

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Dunelm said:
Can anybody point me in the direction of any on-line tutorials or guides that give the do's and don'ts involved in the art of stick making?

...first cut your stick ?

thanks

Do you want to make decorative sticks with separate tops, or one piece traditional curved handle walking sticks?

Eric

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
Eric_Methven said:
Do you want to make decorative sticks with separate tops, or one piece traditional curved handle walking sticks?

Eric

I want to start at the beginning and go where my creativity takes me really. I cut a few hazel and blackthorn poles and sticks last weekend and have them drying out now. I'm open to suggestions...

P

Philr

They take about a year to dry and the ends need sealing to prevent cracking and the bark shrinking after that its up to your imagination.
Antler heads and natural thumb sticks are the easiest but be as adventuous as you like, there are plenty of places on line here is the club im in http://www.callevastickdressers.info/home.html
for a few pics see the gallerys hope this is a little help. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE