Stewart Marsh knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Just pulling your leg mate :D , as you said before it was the only thing on the knife that could be faulted and that could also be down to user preference. :)

I liked the heft and feel of it, very nice indeed, in all it seemed a very nice package and Stewart should be congratulated on turning out such a nice affordable knife which is very good quality. :)

I would even think about buying one myself when I am working again :)

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Got my SM knife on tuesday,ordered it straight from Stewart,and after a chat with Moduser asked Stewart for more of a point at the tip.It arrived and it was everything i hoped it would be.For the price and the service his knives,in my opinion,are very hard to beat.
Andrew

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire

Attachments

• blade.JPG
    blade.JPG
    27 KB · Views: 47
  • knife.JPG
    knife.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 40
  • knife2.JPG
    knife2.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 31
  • point.JPG
    point.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 27
  • tang.JPG
    tang.JPG
    27.7 KB · Views: 28

flibb

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2005
Kent
Please stop posting pics of that, I would rather like one. And its only 3 times my budget, rather than the 5 times of similar stuff ;)

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Leon,

I know Linda does keep an eye on both this and the BB forums.

I don't think she would want to comment on posts or get into discussion on the merits or otherwise of Stewart's work and at the same time taking notice of feedback.

Glad you like the pictures. Don't do the knife justice but I think you'll agree I got what I wanted. Very nice people to do business with too.

leon-1

moduser said:
Leon,

I know Linda does keep an eye on both this and the BB forums.

I don't think she would want to comment on posts or get into discussion on the merits or otherwise of Stewart's work and at the same time taking notice of feedback.

Glad you like the pictures. Don't do the knife justice but I think you'll agree I got what I wanted. Very nice people to do business with too.

I have colour coded this reply, because otherwise it doesn't make much sense :D

This is one of the major things in my book.

Yes and a good job he has done as well

Jjv110

Forager
May 22, 2005
Jersey C.I.
Daniel said:
Brilliant, I think that settles it then. I'll be ordering one of these babies tomorrow!!

Cheers,
Dan
Daniel, If you haven't ordered one yet, then go ahead. I have had a similar issue as "Moduser", with my knife and have now received another one which I can't fault. I am very impressed with it and can recommend Stewart's knives to anyone wanting a good bushcraft knife. There cannot be any difference to a woodlore. If there is, it can only be a makers difference in style rather than a fault.
I was originally a bit disappointed with the tip, but now I have the perfect knife. The customer service has been excellent too.
sorry I don't have the facilities to attatch photos. I asked for a bubinga handle with mine and it fits my hand perfectly. The sheath is excellent also.
I'm glad you went for one "Delbach" and I hope you're pleased with it.
I think the knife is worth the money and don't think you'll find a similar knife for the money of that quality.
All I need to do now is go out and use it.

Julian.

Daniel

Nomad
Apr 20, 2005
Berkshire
Jjv110 said:
Daniel, If you haven't ordered one yet, then go ahead. I have had a similar issue as "Moduser", with my knife and have now received another one which I can't fault. I am very impressed with it and can recommend Stewart's knives to anyone wanting a good bushcraft knife. There cannot be any difference to a woodlore. If there is, it can only be a makers difference in style rather than a fault.
I was originally a bit disappointed with the tip, but now I have the perfect knife. The customer service has been excellent too.
sorry I don't have the facilities to attatch photos. I asked for a bubinga handle with mine and it fits my hand perfectly. The sheath is excellent also.
I'm glad you went for one "Delbach" and I hope you're pleased with it.
I think the knife is worth the money and don't think you'll find a similar knife for the money of that quality.
All I need to do now is go out and use it.

Julian.

Hi Julian,

I ordered a knife from Stewart on Friday, and can't wait to get it! His buchcraft knives are very similar to the woodlore design. I have a photo of a woodlore and stewarts bushcraft knife, which Stewart sent me, I don't suppose he'd mind if I posted it...

I was considering buying an AW Woodlore before I saw Stewarts knives, and from what others have said they are of high quality! I'm glad I went with Stewart over Woodlore!

The service so far from both Stewart and his wife Linda is brilliant!

Dan

riddleofsteel

Tenderfoot
Jun 29, 2005
above ground
This weekend was hectic. I had a chance to get in the woods but not much chance to do any bushcrafting. Anyway, here are some shots of my new baby, a ivory Micarta Stewart Marsh Bushcraft with a handmade laynard slide from white tail deer antler.
Enjoy
smbushcraftknife.JPG

I could not resist adding my screen name to the blade as I have a friend that does engraving.

smbushcraftknifewe.JPG

If you look closely at the sheath you can see a blemish. I got a nice discount of the knife due to this. Maybe enough to make up for the loop sided exchange rate between pounds and dollars.

LOL

smbushcraftknifews.JPG

FIXED

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE