sterile medical kits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I am looking for a sterile medical kit, the type you need when going to some counties like Africa, I am sponsoring a friends trip buy supplying the medical stuff. Anyone recommend a cheap supplier and what are the shelf life of the gear?
Here's the kit list of stuff he needs,

http://www.enduroafrica.com/kitlist.htm

not sure if the body armour is meaning bike armour or balistic ?

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Globetrotter, I can't do links but have a look at this supplier, SP Services (UK) LTD. I have an 'Overseas Sterile Pack' off them aboard my boat for voyages to jungley places. They do a whole range of different kit and you can start with an empty bag and add the various bits of what ever you need or buy the prepacked kit.

No connection but they're helpful on the phone too.:)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I am looking for a sterile medical kit, the type you need when going to some counties like Africa, I am sponsoring a friends trip buy supplying the medical stuff. Anyone recommend a cheap supplier and what are the shelf life of the gear?
Here's the kit list of stuff he needs, not sure if the body armour is meaning bike armour or balistic ?

What is he after, can't see a link?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The FAK is not listed as 'essential' as I guessed the organisers would be carrying good kit for a trip like this?

If this is the case he should not need much to be honest, a few just very basic items, sun block, after sun, plasters, basic pain killers, alcohol gel etc. He should check with the organisers as to the preps their end, before going OTT on stuff that is not needed

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A mate has just left for Ghana for 10 weeks. He was advised to take a FAK with needles, so if need a injection for any reason can guarantee the needle is clean.

I think he took something like this...
http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/catalog/browse/medical-and-first-aid-kits/travel-survival-kit

Sensible move in reality, go talk with your GP and explain your need he or she may help, pop by a local drug support group as they give out sterile kit for free as well. You could put the kit linked together for much less than £25 I would think.

If you have a friendly GP you may get some broad spectrum antibiotics as well when you explain where you are off too.

bob_the_bomb

Tenderfoot
Oct 2, 2008
Cambodia
HI. I bought mine several years ago from Boots. There are some first aid basics included but the bag is big enough to put in some other gear too to make it into a decent FAK. Good luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE