star's and where to find them.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
A cute site that will in teach star gazing newbies how to find important stars by which you can navigate by.

Night sky
it only takes fifteen minutes to run through and you will learn how to find Three constellations, two stars, and where to look to find planets.
I found it useful

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
I've just finished. It's an excellent example of how good we are at finding patterns.
Really enjoyed it, thank you.

As I'm in London I only really ever get to see those stars and planets anyway, without
any of the other background distractions.

I remember learning Cassiopeia and Orion in mid 1980s when Halley's comet trundled
past and our school went to a talk on it and we learned how to spot it. Still haven't
forgotten those patterns so maybe I found it a bit easier than most.

Awesome :)

I can't imagine how the first person ever to see one of these photos would have felt:
http://www.randybrewer.net/images/FCT150-Images/Sky-Rotation.jpg

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Nice page, it looks great for newbies. This concept is really great, I wonder if there are any like this but for more advanced stuff, it'd be great. Because I'd love to learn more stars and constellations, this way looks really easy.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Hmmm... I'm not too sure about the assertion that Jupiter is the brightest planet. Venus is brighter.

It's actually much easier in real life, once you get used to it.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Hmmm... I'm not too sure about the assertion that Jupiter is the brightest planet. Venus is brighter.

It's actually much easier in real life, once you get used to it.
You are right the planet Jupiter is not the brightest object in the sky. The planet Venus is and then the Moon (when it’s in the sky). Jupiter is however a very distinctive and easy to find object with the unaided eye. And for your second comment, again you are right, everything is easier, once you know what you are looking at/for. :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE