Star Wars

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Don't get me started on the re-mastering!

Extra bits in I could cope with more. The sort of thing I was massively not impressed with was the edit at the end of Return of the Jedi where they change the 'ghost' of Anakin for Hayden Christiansen instead of the original bloke. Really annoyed me!

Yep... and why do it? They didn't change Obi Wan for his younger self... why do it to Vader?

I won't even mention the 'prequels' as I like to pretend they don't exist.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
All wind ya necks in and don't spoil it for me, or i'll be shoving something sharp and shiney up yer harris!! :)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Yep... and why do it? They didn't change Obi Wan for his younger self... why do it to Vader?

I won't even mention the 'prequels' as I like to pretend they don't exist.

Solo shot first! ;)

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
You can keep it, but it shall be rusty prior to insertion, and highly barbed and serrated!! So good luck removing it!!
:p

Is said sharp and shiney thing one of yours... and once inserted into my harris, do I get to keep it? :p

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I have the VHS, DVD and BluRay...vhs greedo shot first and missed. DVD Han shot first. BluRay they both shot roughly the same time.

All down to the fancy editing

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I have the VHS, DVD and BluRay...vhs greedo shot first and missed. DVD Han shot first. BluRay they both shot roughly the same time.

All down to the fancy editing

I always thought the reasons behind the changing of who shot first a bit pants. Having Gredo shoot first so Han could be seen as a nicer chap just didn't fit. He was supposed to be a rogue, pirate type, not a saint. That's what made his journey to being a goody two shoes Rebellion leader more of a story.
Funny when he played Dr. Jones and he just shot the fancy scimitar weilding chap just it made it all the better again. (Always liked how that classic scene came about as he had the "runs" and didn't feel up to the big choreographed whip/sword fight that they had planned.)

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I don't understand the change... Han gets threatened, he knows the guy in front of him is a bounty hunter who gets paid whether Han is dead or alive, so he shoots, he scores.

Changing it just removes the whole ruthless part of Han's character, so later when he mellows to come back and help Luke it is not as dramatic. The whole point of Han was that he was in it for the money... he did nothing for nothing... but at the end he redeems himself.

Its the lizard thing that got me though... why add it in? It adds nothing to the story... and it is so obviously added in :(

All the changes spoiled it for me.

I just hope the new Bourne film is good when it comes out... if they make a dud of it, I'm stopping my film collecting for a bit. (Wow, bet that will stop Hollywood making bad films... me and my collection lol)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm the Jeremy Renner Bourne film was a pretty big speed bump for me already. Thought it was truely awful.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
True, but Bourne is back :D

At least I hope he's back... its the film I'm most looking forward to... and I'm a huge comic book nerd. The Batman vs Superman is making me weep for DC... they need to get a sense of humour!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Funny when he played Dr. Jones and he just shot the fancy scimitar weilding chap just it made it all the better again. (Always liked how that classic scene came about as he had the "runs" and didn't feel up to the big choreographed whip/sword fight that they had planned.).

Nah... he was a bad guy in that scene because it was all just a mistake on the swordsman part demonstrating his skills :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;fbJyZ4eDkIs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbJyZ4eDkIs[/video]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I like my comics too, though was never really a DC fan. Liked the Batman/Dredd teamups and Miller's take was awesome. But the movies...meh. Everyone raved about what a great Joker performance Ledger put in, I'm sorry but if he hadn't sadly passed I don't think that it would be viewed as that great. Found the while series a bit of a chore to watch through. Strangly I'm quite enjoying the Gotham TV series.
Personally I found DC comics to be a bit childish, even when I was a kid. Marvel and British comics tended to have more character depth and grittyness. Collected 2000ad from prog 1.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
So you'd be rather pleased that I'm developing a Lawgiver II with voice activation then? :D

I'm a bit too into some of this stuff lol

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Ricochet! (poyoing, poyoing, poyoing splat!) :D
Now if you could make a stub gun that didn't overheat we wouldn't need all these axes and saws in the woods!
Sounds good, nice to see your MkII sometime.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'll post up a video of it when its complete. All the shaping is done, main components sourced... just getting it all to talk to each other and listen to commands. Turns out it has to be individually coded to each person, which is a pain... but there is also someone working on the whole fingerprint thing at the same time... combined it'd be awesome, but that gun isn't going to fire :(

Project I'm looking forward to, ironically, is the Batman armoured suit.... something having natters about at the moment. Not looking forward to the film, but the suit... my oh my I want one! lol

Lizz

Absolute optimist
May 29, 2015
Cardiff
No no no not a Star Wars thread - I won't see it til next week. On Facebook me and my friends have a two week moratorium to allow time for us all to see it... Arrrghhhh. Not looking not looking not looking... So I don't know if you're not even talking about it aaaaaaaarrgghhhh. Not looking...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have you seen the wearable computer Batman Utility Belt on the net? Made by a mate of mines old uni pal who lives a few villages away. Very cool. Look forward to seeing your Lawgiver, sounds like it'll be a peach.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE