Stainless scandi folder suggestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

grizzlyj

Nov 10, 2016
NW UK
Hi folks
This question is of course because I'm a lazy git and could look through the millions of blades for sale, but maybe someone has a favourite, or is there a "no-brainer" out there?
I have and very much like a stainless Garberg with the plastic sheath. I live near the sea, kayak occasionally so plastic and stainless is good. I'm not into coatings or oiling to stop non-stainless rusting ta muchly.
So what I would like is a stainless Garberg that folds basically. Similar proportions. No saw teeth. If it had that little dink to stop my hand sliding forward that some knives have that would be good, (gloved and wet hands often). Stainless is a broad church and I know too little to be picky about metal type. Work not show, strong not delicate (or filleting). Not flipping huge either though! Locking is good as long as doable while gloved, or cold and wet.
Approximate Garberg price too ideally. Or less :rolleyes:
Thank you.

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Have you looked at TBS's offerings? Maybe a bit short. There's also the Böker Plus Spain which is a bit of a tank.

Reactions: grizzlyj

grizzlyj

Nov 10, 2016
NW UK
Thank you all. I will investigate with my eyes open this time! Sorry.
I had though I would get a Kershaw Emerson but the handle is a bit thin. Current solution is a Mora Eldris weirdly, light and pocket sized, most importantly easy to "deploy" with gloves, just a bit short for slicing. Nice though.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
EKA Swede 10 orange

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Brisa Borka 90

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
Definitely consider Cold Steel Finn Wolf, it seems to fit with all your requirements. It’s also light and has some bright coloured handles to match your kayak gear ;)

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
EKA Swede 10 with wood scales you can get now here:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE