Stainless bottle hanger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
Was looking for a way to hang a bottle over the fire when boiling water, usually just put it straight in the fire but its a pain to get them out. No wire rim on the 1L stainless bottles I've got so couldn't use wire hangers (MCQ style), or clip on chains (Like Alpkit sells) but I did see the modded fish mouth spreaders ( and kitchen tongs on bushcraftusa) which I thought would work.
Where's the fun in buying something I can make. Some work hardened (springy) stainless (Bit of old stock pot I took the base of for a fire bowl), some 2mm stainless mtb spokes, an hour of my time =2 bottle hangers. Filled them up and shaken em about a bit. They hold well.

2poa96v.jpg

2afkc49.jpg

104j7f8.jpg

281dcfs.jpg

28su53t.jpg

vysav8.jpg

f2u594.jpg

rjh893.jpg

2u4io42.jpg

2iax3wy.jpg

2nkur0h.jpg

5z4n15.jpg

161ksuq.jpg

2ibf0c4.jpg

13zn1ap.jpg

2a8krrs.jpg

2rn9aiv.jpg

2qd0izo.jpg

1zvq3ra.jpg

Last edited:

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Genius!!! Ive been waiting for my bottle hanger to come from HH
Do you think a stainless steel spoke would work on its own hold the weight etc???

Sent from somewhere?

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
Thanks folks.
The spoke. No, a thicker spoke/rod will (like the mouth spreaders) but at 2mm its too thin. That stainless strip is .75mm thick by 22mm wide (was a ***** to cut with snips) so there's much more steel/spring behind it. The surface area of the strip also helps keep the bottle from twisting on the hanger. You can't really move it side to side when its in the bottle. You have to press it together to pull it out. If that makes sense.

Last edited:

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
Thanks gents

Just because there's no mess in the pictures doesn't mean there wasn't stuff chucked all over the place : D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE