Staffs noob

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello folks

Ash here. I did a fair bit of wild camping as a lad - although we didn't call it that back then. Best trip was a few of us crashing in the caves up Dovedale for a few nights. Trout caught on line and worm, open fire, a few beers. Great times. Hoping to rediscover that kind of magic.

I've been assembling some wild camping/bushcraft gear over the winter months, now I'm pretty much ready to go. Hoping to pick up some tips on the forum and hopefully find some suitable locations in Staffs, Derbyshire and beyond.

Slightly concerned about how my dog will cope - 8 year old Patterdale terrier so he's getting on a bit - not sure how he'll be out in the woods for nights at a time. Any advice?

Anyway, look forward to using the forum and getting to know some like minds.

Ash

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Ash here.

Welcome to BCUK, Ash. :)

I did a fair bit of wild camping as a lad - although we didn't call it that back then. Best trip was a few of us crashing in the caves up Dovedale for a few nights. Trout caught on line and worm, open fire, a few beers. Great times. Hoping to rediscover that kind of magic.

And I hope you all tidied up after yourselves... :)

I've been assembling some wild camping/bushcraft gear over the winter months, now I'm pretty much ready to go. Hoping to pick up some tips on the forum and hopefully find some suitable locations in Staffs, Derbyshire and beyond.

Keep an eye on the meets section quite a lot happening not too far from you, and there's a fairly active bunch called the Derbyshire Bushcrafters who mostly appear in the Community section.

Slightly concerned about how my dog will cope - 8 year old Patterdale terrier so he's getting on a bit - not sure how he'll be out in the woods for nights at a time. Any advice?

The dog will be fine.

Anyway, look forward to using the forum and getting to know some like minds.

See you in the woods. :) :campfire: :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE