St Georges mushrooms

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
I have and i enjoyed eating them too!
Only seen one ring though even though i searched around the area for a long time (i found them on the edge of woodland which then joins onto grassland).
Got two harvests and failed getting a third - might go back and check again soon before time runs out.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
None this year, but then again, the best site I know of is where I used to work, but it is a secure site and I no longer have access. Shame, because it is the only place I've ever got morels, too.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Glad someone has found some, none at my usual spot yet, will keep looking though and living in hope, they make a fantastic ketchup and soup

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
TypicaL. I posted yesterday that I hadn't seen any, then today I find literally dozenss! Unfortunately they were all past the point of edibility. I'm now hoping for a spot of rain to give me a chance of a second crop!

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Mine turned out not be be St Georges after all. On the other hand, they turned out to be some sort of Agaricus spp. that I haven't yet narrowed down to species. Almost certainly edible, so I'm drying them.

Won't eat them until I know exactly what they are though. Made that mistake once, and was very ill. Never again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE