Squadron of Spitfires found

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I'd heard the same thing, only it was a quarry in Devon full of Jeeps and Harley WD45's!

I heard that the mineshafts around Warrington are full of Jeeps and Indian bikes that are still in their packing cases. They were dumped when Burtonwood airbase closed.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
In a weird coincidence we were driving yesterday when a Spitfire buzzed us about 50' up and 100' in front of us (over private land on an old WWII airbase). No idea why he was there....but it was an amazing moment - like we had fallen into a timeslip

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
A couple of years ago there was a Hurricane doing dummy strafe runs over a car park near my house for a good 20 minutes, I stood outside and watched the whole time something about the sound from the Merlin makes you stop and listen

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
What an amazing story, good on him for his persistance, one suspects he will now see his £150K back with interest. Here's hoping for perfect preservation and opening mint dry cases.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
there was tonnes of stuff buried in the uk,i heard tell of a well that yanks shoved 30 harleys down at the end of the war, i know of 2 places where the yanks burried tonnes of ammo too,a waitrose is built ontop of one lot!

That's criminal...

Poisoning a well should be anyway:)

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
I used to know this lad when I was younger and his family had interests in a farm in the south, the Americans had used it for depot or something in the war, they left and burried a load of stuff in a large ditch, jeeps, boxes of equipment and related. The farm knew about the supposed contents of the ditch and for years had a large caliber barrel sticking out of the ground, when excavated the tank was still at the other end. So the legend goes anyway.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Good friends of mine live directly behind RAF Coningsby. I love being up there as every other day spitfires, hurricanes and a lancaster buzz past, usually circling fight over the farm house before landing.

And the odd eurofighter but they raise less hair on the back of my neck.

I wonder what condition these newly dug up ones will be in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE