Spyderco MULE handled by me.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Lucky me. Thanks to Rogergee on BB (absolute gent) I managed to get a S90V MULE and Pikebite as ever came up with the goods:

I love it, the wife has now for the first time changed her mind about owning a knife, but she ain't having this steel.

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

As you can see I also found the fingerguard too long. I now understand why nobody wants to works 90V - it takes ages, even to get rid of that little bit of steel.

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I prefer that over their bushcraft knife, just from the design stand point alone; although I still don't get the hole, it looks better on this and not so out of place! As for the handle, you've done a good job! ;D It looks sweet!

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
The hole is the trade mark of Spydie's my favourite make of knife.

This is a superb blade in terms of anthropometrics. They don't make pretty knives, they makes brilliant users and this sits perfectly.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... They don't make pretty knives ...

I disagree. :)

I love the shape of that blade. I'll be very interested to hear how you get on with it, particularly any damage it might suffer and how much maintenance effort it takes. All my, er, real knives are a decade or two old, and so they're made of oldish materials like A420/A440, and I want to try some modern stainless. Just to see what it's like, really - if I can't do it with what I've got already it isn't the fault of the tools, and apart from one job that I do a lot most of the cutting tools I use need negligible maintenance. As far as form and function goes I know what I want, but the choice of alloys now is overwhelming. S90V is a bit too Far Out for my conservative nature, but I've almost managed to put a toe in the water with an order that I placed last week for a tiny folder in VG10.

Almost, because it was out of stock. :cussing:

I prefer that over their bushcraft knife, just from the design stand point alone; although I still don't get the hole, it looks better on this and not so out of place! As for the handle, you've done a good job! ;D It looks sweet!

Agreed on the preference. They use the big hole on their folders instead of a stud for one-handed opening. I think they started using a stud and somebody claimed patent infringement or something daft, so they changed to the hole and made it 'theirs' by copyright/trademark/patent which makes a lot of sense to me.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE