Spyderco Bushcraft ,You-Tube Video.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
The rivets are there so the sheath can be suspended on a lanyard for neck/baldric carry.
they are not there for ease of manufacture, but are a deliberate design choice.

definatly gives you some nice carry options its how i prefer to rig my neck knife pity no fire steel holder but not a big problem

wll be interesting to see how much they are from the USA once Customs have wacked their cut on :D

ATB

Duncan

This is crazy.
I can't get that knife for another month, nearly two and for more money than that as a dealer!
I really would be better off buying my Spyderco stock from a regular US dealer.

thats not good would have thought they would try and get em to you for Christmas sales :eek:

i did wonder as this is supposed to be a BCUK knife if Tony was going to sell them thro the Shop

ATB

Duncan

Mountainwalker

Forager
Oct 30, 2008
Sydney
I bought a spyderco bushcraft knife as an xmas present. It arrived today and cost around $200 Aus dollars which I thought was reasonable. I had a quick look to make sure all was good. Australian customs had opened the plastic bag containing the knife and drained the linseed oil from the bag. I must confess that the knife looks stunning and out of the box comes with a wickedly sharp edge. Alas being an xmas present it's back in the box until the 25th. Think I might do some whittling on xmas.

I bought a spyderco bushcraft knife as an xmas present. It arrived today and cost around $200 Aus dollars which I thought was reasonable. I had a quick look to make sure all was good. Australian customs had opened the plastic bag containing the knife and drained the linseed oil from the bag. I must confess that the knife looks stunning and out of the box comes with a wickedly sharp edge. Alas being an xmas present it's back in the box until the 25th. Think I might do some whittling on xmas.

yep good price bout £111 if the Web converters are workin

ATB
Duncan

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I took delivery of mine on Wednesday. It took a little effort to get off the linseed oil that protects the whole of the knife and then a little more time to put on a little Renaissance wax, strop the blade and give it a quick lick with some camelia oil.

Initial impressions? Very favourable. The slabs are very attractive and have been well finished, the blade is dazzlingly sharp and I find that it is extremely comfortable in the hand. The only gripe is that the back edge of the handle protrudes ever-so-slightly above the wood of the slabs. Now, I haven't had a chance to give it a proper, more thorough investigation and usage yet, but that might be a significant niggle in prolonged use.

The sheath is ugly. The colour, plastic liner and ambidextrous layout are not that appealing but I'm sure that the versatility of being able to be carried in a number of different ways will no doubt mean that it will be 'popular' - eventually. Personally, I can see a new sheath suiting me and my needs better.

My intention is to test it alongside a couple of other 01 steel knives to see how it compares. Initial thoughts though are positive for a production, as opposed to hand-made, knife.

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
That's a neat skill Josh.

I have handled the prototype to this knife (same handle) and without doubt, the handle is one of the most comfortable aspects of the knife. It's definitely one of those times where pictures wont tell the story, you need to handle one. I'm not a massive fan of this knife for other reasons - mainly to do with the hole in the blade, but I'm pretty sure the handle is going to be something a lot of people will be impressed with.

it lacks sufficient contours that i like in a knife to provide a solid grip when wet.
i just dont like it and think its a "bit" of a rip off.

It's a production knife, made in the Far East, for an American Manufacturer, designed by a "Tactical" Bushcrafter (Where on earth did they get that one from? Must be to try and sell it in the US market) Now I know that Mr Claycome is a sound enough hobby knife maker, I don't know him personally and have no gripe against him, in fact I wish him well, and there have been a number on here who have actually seen the knife in the flesh (so to speak) so I will withold judgement of it's comfort in the hand, but I can easily get a better knife from a UK maker for around the same money.
People may rush to buy one because they think it is "Trendy" but as soon as Mr Mears brings out a production knife they will all rush to get that one instead.
Don't be a sheep.
I won't be buying one.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Oh I'm a sheep. Help me please! baaaaaa...
I just thought it was a nice knife... lower end customs tend to be a little wonky round the edges in my opinion. I guarantee the spyderco won't be. And if I can pick it up around the 110 pound mark, I'd consider that a bargain.

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Still waiting....:rolleyes:

Where are you???

I'm off on a little camping trip at the weekend and I was hoping to try it out.

How long do things take to arrive from the States?

Daz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE