Spoons and Poisons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Hi all,
I've carved two spoons from Manchurian Pear, which are quite ugly compared to the ones everyone else post pictures of. However, I'm proud of them and want to use them. But as I know nothing about which woods are poisonous, I thought I should check before I do.
Does anyone know if Manchurian Pear is safe to eat with?

benjamin.oneill

Forager
Jan 31, 2006
East Sussex, UK
Hi Wentworth,

I'm afraid I can't help with you inquiry, but where about in Australia are you, your the first Australian I've come across. I used to live in Sydney and Perth before that and as a little kid, in the North of WA - Fitzroy Crossing.

Just sent my passport off for renewal because I'm hoping to head that way after uni to work for a while.

I just googled manchurian pear and the first find was Burke's Backyard! lol... I used to love that as a kid, I remeber sending off for one of the factsheets and when I got it it was my most precious possesion, along with a tomato plant the neighbours gave me! What a flashback!

All the best with your enquiry... Ben

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
I'm in the Blue Mountains, just outside Sydney. Buckshot is out here at the moment. Unfortunately didn't get to meet due to conflicting schedules.
Tex and Aussie are also members in Australia, so there are a couple of us. Unfortunately not quite enough for a moot yet!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE