Spoon Rack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Made a simple spoon rack the other day, the rack is nothing new, many people have made spoon racks and in many different guises too.

DSCN8821.jpg

This very simple rack has a loop of Hazel that acts as a suspension point, the rack itself is a piece of well seasoned sycamore, into which ive cut five holes, two small ones for the suspension system and three larger ones for the spoons themselves, i made the holes slightly oversize so the spoons can be put in and out of the rack without damaging the handles, i looked at the more traditional method of cutting a long slot in the rack, but decided against it.

Having made the above rack i decided there was something about it that i just didn't like, don't know what it was, but i needed to change it.

The revised design is as pictured below and this one i quite like, it's a bit of a work in progress and it has some flaws, but that is what a prototype is all about, getting it all worked out, before moving on and making the final version.

DSCN8939AA.jpg

This particular rack is made from three different woods, the base is Pine, the uprights are Hazel and the shelf is well seasoned Sycamore.

DSCN8939ir.jpg

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Ahhhhhh!
Why can't i have a brain fart and come up with ideas like that!
Keep thinking them up mate, so we can try them.

RM

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE