spitewinter june 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
From my personal knowledge everyone is made to feel welcome at these dos (although never been to Spitewinter myself - setting off shortly - I have been to Rough Close which is similar)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
This weekend was brilliant - learned loads of stuff, met new great people and generally had a marvelous time. There was a small but perfectly formed group of up to 9 people

(You will have to use your imagination as I can't get Tiny pic to upload (even one picture))

Particular thanks to Shaggystu for organising and MartinK9 for being Head Chef.

For those who have not been - and it was my first visit - Spitewinter is a small open site, next to a road; it is a scout campsite and we had it all to ourselves. It has excellent facilities - especially the shower and toilet block

Martin started us off well on Saturday morning with a big breakfast using his Dutch oven, which we all soon polished off. And Shaggystu made bannock with an improvised oven.

Ged supplied hot water from his ghilly kettle, whilst practicing his fire lighting.

Saturday evening Martin, with support especially from Tinkypete, again took charge and produced a fantastic leg of lamb meal with all the trimmings - absolutely delicious - and again from the Dutch oven.

We had some flying visits from Ratbag and his son Robert, and also from Addo. Addo brought his bow drill set with him and gave us a demonstration of firelighting which some even managed to repeat (give you one guess as to who couldn't.)

All in all a great weekend and even the weather was good as it only rained lightly during Saturday night, with sunny spells the rest of the time.

Thanks again to all concerned.

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Well it might have been a flying visit but we had a great time! Thanks to everyone for their hospitality and to Martin in particular for the stew last night - I wish I'd brought a bigger plate with me cos Robert polished most of it off. He's been telling everyone today that he went "real camping", he's absolutely buzzing.

Hope we didn't disturb anyone this morning with our early departure, although from the snoring coming from various pits as we passed I would guess not :)

Cheers

Rat

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
thanks to all for another great spitewinter meet, cracking weekend. thanks especially to martin for his cooking, food was superb as always, and addo for the impromptu bow drill demonstration, it's nice to sneak a little bushcraft in every now and then! i shall let you all know when we've got the site again.

thanks again

stuart

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers for being top hosts, I enjoyed my evening with you chaps, especially all the stories about "fan dancing" etc.
Sorry for leaving without goodbyes but I had to scarper off early and you were all sleeping so well.
Hope Elines and Pete got their blankets back ok after I popped them under the tarp, cheers for the loan. I'll try and stay a bit longer next time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE