Speed awareness course.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I did one several years ago. I think the course was more of a punishment than a learning exercise, quite a few people said they would take the points rather than go through it again.
The course location was far enough away from any car parking that you had to pay for a full day’s parking and then the instructors said that you can arrive up to half an hour in to the course.
It’s a generic course that focussed on urban driving; whereas the majority, including myself, were guilty of motorway offences, where the limit had been set below the national limit. So had little relevance to my offence.
The only good thing was that I was able to attend a local course, even though I committed the offence near Birmingham.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
look forward to not handing over extra money to your insurance for three years!

Some insurance companies I've dealt with ask if you've had to attend a speed awareness course when you ring up for a quote. Technically anyone who has been on a course should tell their insurer but I don't think anything is recorded publicly to give the game away in the event of a claim. Always best to check your policy wording though just in case.

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
The person that rear-ended me on the motorway had to go on one of these courses, while all I got a visit by the fire brigade, a free convertible conversion, a free helicopter ride and weeks of treatment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE