South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well Iv'e missed every meeting so far :( book me in for this one please.
new years resolution.......do not miss welsh meets:D

Ian

The more the merrier :) Nigel and I will be going down a day earlier, and I'll post a mobile number here nearer the time for contacting me. As I said before, the site owner will be away and does not want the 'farm sitter' bothered with phone calls and knocks at the door of the farm.

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi All,

I was planning a trip to Glyn y Mul farm in December, not sure what date yet.
I would like to build a semi-permanent group shelter. If anyone is interested please pm me.

ATB
Nigel

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi All,

I would like to build a semi-permanent group shelter. If anyone is interested please pm me.

Nigel

Like to help out with this project, but cant make Dec. any chance of getting along there during Nov.

Stewart

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Nigel and I have been talking and fancy making this camp a quarterly event. This would be worked to fixed dates which would give people months of advanced notice of the camp and offer a chance to book time off work etc.

Also, Nigel suggests that we pick a 'bushcraft' theme for each camp where we can share skills etc

So, February is wild food. Don't panic, your not being asked to live on ferns for the weekend, just share your ideas and recipes etc. Bring what you can, anything from rabbit to mushrooms. Don't panic if you don't have wild food, this is just an idea and up to you, or we could do shelter building, just say what you fancy here on this thread and we'll go with the majority vote

I'll be mainly eating stew;)

elma

Sep 22, 2005
Ynysddu south wales
I do a bit of deer stalking, we normally throw away the skins etc
I have started to save the senew and antlar and have a frozen red deer hide for when I get the chance to have a go at tanning, If you like I can save a few hides from now till feb for some to have a go
(dependent on F&M restrictions.

Ian

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Hi All,

ATB
Nigel

Can I be nosey, what sort of shelter do you have in mind?

Elma, I would have thought there was some kind of market for deer skin......or am I sadly mistooken

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
I was hoping to get along to Shadowhawk but they have'nt answered my email, so I may pootle along with you if the gate is open.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
What dates have been decided on?
I can't see the dates of when you are going to be there....me being dumb I guess - but I would like to come along, if it does not clash with rehearsals/pergformances of the Panto I am in.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Hi John, 1st of February is booked with the site owner Ian, great if you can make it, I may need to pick you brains on a couple of things

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Its looking good people, at the moment the possible campers are

Top knot (+2?)
Manc
me
Luke
Lee
Evil (stove collector chap)
John Fenna
Ed
Tourist
Elma
Timinwales
Tengu
Red Kite
Dougster
Souter

So we have about 16 at the moment :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE