SotP Group buy – Norwegian Lavvu tents & stoves

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

antwerpman

Apr 29, 2006
belgium
last year I bought the tentipi cp 9. I was in doubt between the 7 and the 9, but somebody who owned one told me to take the biggest size and I am glad I did so. If you buy the cp version even the smaller lavvu is only suitable for car or eventually canoe trips. I didn't buy an inner tent nor a groundsheet. In the wintertime I use a basha. the cotton polyester from Tentipi is waterproof and I suppose the Bison lavvu will also be. Cotton polyester will certainly be more comfortable than polyester and I would abolutely prefer it in combination with a tentstove. Camping in the snow with a tentstove is abolutely fantastic, you will love it

greetings

Bigman

Life Member
May 28, 2006
Newton Abbot, Devon.
Hi meanderer,

I'll come and collect from you.

If you need any help when the pallets arrive, just let me know and I will come over and give you a hand.

Neil

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

Huuuuuuuuuuge!!! :lmao:

Reactions: Phil562

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
Squidders, you're just teasing us! (Looks great)

I'll be camping outside meanderers house waiting for them to arrive :D

Andy

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Squidders said:
Don't forget, mine is the "16" and is 6m in diamiter... Maybe I should have opted for something a little smaller :lmao:
That looks the dogs clacker bag Squidders,I am proper envious mate!

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Squidders said:
Don't forget, mine is the "16" and is 6m in diamiter... Maybe I should have opted for something a little smaller :lmao:

Hi Squidders,

Looks a nice bit of kit.
How many would this sleep comfortable? What’s the build quality like?

Cheers
Nigel

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Hi Nigel, mine would easily sleep 8 plus their gear... it's utter overkill.

Well, I took it down in a hurry because it was getting dark and I didn't want to leave any of it in the front garden over night but first impressions are very good. I'm quite impressed.

My thinking (before this thread) was that it's a local company in the north of Norway making tents for the local market... how bad can it be?!?

Nigel

Forager
Dec 6, 2003
Carmarthenshire
Hi Squidders

From the photo it looks pretty good. Have you got the stove?
I had been looking at the moskoselkatan, but not that impressed with the price. It does look a much better deal.

Cheers
Nigel

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Yes, I have the stove also... it's very cute and chucks out LOADS of heat. nice little folding legs and all but 2 of the pipe sections fit inside the stove for transport... on the smaller models, the entire chimney may fit in side.

Regarding the tentipi ones... the top of the range canvas ones are... in a word... lovely.

These, I would say, match the lighter tentipi models for most functionality but I can't really draw a comparison with the quality as I simply don't know.

meanderer

Nov 2, 2006
yonder
Sorry peeps...

Just ran out of time so have done nothing on this for over a week :(

Anyway, back now and should be getting payment details off in PMs tonight.

The delay on the stoves is a nuisance but I will withold payment until they're ready to ship the second pallet.

More later.

Jon

meanderer said:
Sorry peeps...

Just ran out of time so have done nothing on this for over a week :(

Anyway, back now and should be getting payment details off in PMs tonight.

The delay on the stoves is a nuisance but I will withold payment until they're ready to ship the second pallet.

More later.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Do you think delivery of the Lavvus will be before Christmas? And are the stoves still expected for Feb. next year?

Sorry to be a pain but we had a trip planned for the New Year period :eek:

Thanks for all your efforts :You_Rock_

Cheers,

Phil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE