Sorted my cut throat.....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addyb

Native
Jul 2, 2005
Vancouver Island, Canada.
Old Jimbo: Really it's all about time.

I agree. If I rush my shave, I end up with blood. Lots of blood. If I don't prep properly, I end up with blood. Lots of blood.

But if I take the time to prep my face properly and clear my mind, it's a shave beyond the scope of all other shaves. How Zen of me.

Adam

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
bushwacker bob said:
nice job Jon.
The wood is snakewood.If I had realised you were such a craftsman,I might not have sent you that package! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Hi Sean....Dont remember it being called snakewood, is it known by another name..? It is the first attempt at doing anything like this, so I didnt know either.....
Andy....Cheers mate, still have the stubble though, I need to oil the wood, before I use it, and the blade needs a good sharpen too.....

lavrentyuk

Nomad
Oct 19, 2006
Mid Wales
I have a sort of cheating cutthroat, it takes a half a safety razor blade which slides into place. Not as good as a traditional cutthroat but better again than a Bic and far far better than anything electrical. Proper shaving soap/brush is a boon too.

S8AN

Jan 4, 2007
London
very nice jon - I've thought about using a cut throat for a while now for many different reasons but life seems to grab me and always pull me in the fast lane hence my love of the outdoors and bushcraft it mellows me out and takes me away from it all. As I was born and raised in London I got few opportunities to experience country life but when I get there trust me I don't think twice about home.

Anway back to the cut throat - It seems obvious we prob should all use them, throw away razors create more rubbish (trust me I've got them and prob the worst person for wanting a quick fix) the old story about plastics and recycling comes back to mind.

We have to weigh up the good for each we have say a gillette their fast and easy to use and give a good clean job but they are expensive and need to be replaced after very few uses. A cut thoat gives a good cut, is better for our skin can be re-sharpened so saves huge amounts of cash and once you are experienced can be pretty quick at it too. All it takes is an extra few minutes - I think it's worth it.

I think I've just convinced myself lol :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE