sort of o/t looking for a fleece

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
Hi guys, (mods and others please forgive my ramblings and feel free to tell me if this is in the wrong place)

What im after is the colletive wealth of knowledge you guys have. Im lookig for a fleece now before we go into the "do a search" (i already have) its not for bushcrafty type stuff its for work im a garden landscaper and want to get a few fleeces embroidered (sp), Some of you may remeber or still watch BBC 1's Diy Sos, they had some embroidered (sp) fleeces which i thought looked pretty good, they were a 1/4 or 1/2 zip can't quite remeber and were purple ish and quite thick, so far after hours of searching on the web i have drawn a blank i have looke in millets, blacks, etc

So what im trying to get at is (told you id get there in the end:rolleyes: ) is if anyone knows who made them and where i might be able to obtain a few??:confused:

Many thanks in advance

Mark

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Could you not get some fleeces of your own choice and then take them somewhere to be embroided. There are loads of places about who do this sort of thing for corporate events etc.

I had some polo shirts embroided for one of our technical teams last year by a small firm in Leeds, they did a cracking job but I can`t remember the cost. I think it works out at a few pounds per item.

If you look around the outdoor shop websites there are loads of mid range fleeces to be had for bargain prices.

Go Outdoors have some good offers on at the moment

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/

No connection etc etc

Rich

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
Shewi thanks for the reply, i've had a few quotes for the work to be done, but i really fancied the same fleece as i have seen on telly. however i may just have to go with another type, there are loads ive seen that i like so far

Many Thanks

Mark

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Find yourself a copy of Soldier magazine. I'm sure it should be easy to come by. Look at the back pages where you will find loads of adverts for t'shirt embroidery. Most of them will do other things too, such as fleece jackets and hats, sweaters, etc.

Dingo

Nomad
Jan 7, 2005
leicestershire
try these, no affiliation just had a look at the fleeces on the back of some builders in the local merchants, very robust, and washable, they also do the embroidery, i have put the code of the fleece that i looked at, it was called the 'grizzly' quite apt if you knew me!

cheers

Adam.

http://www.atworkclothing.co.uk/

kk901 this is the code of the fleece, you can search for the products on the home page.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Im looking for a fleece too

what should I look for in a fleece, or shall I just get the green army surplus one (cheap and probably decent quality)

i found a jacket in the charity shop; fleece lined with fake lambs fleecy...should I go for that one?

Wettstuff

Tenderfoot
Oct 14, 2005
Ascot
Thanks for the replies fellas.

Tengu, for my money i would rather go for a thicker fleece, but others may say have a couple of thinner ones, i get most of mine from either deer hunter or musto, but these are quite expensive.

Mark

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'd say steer clear of the surplus one if you can. I don't rate them at all, but then I had to use them in any weather for a number of years and soon grew to hate them. The collar is made of some sort of abrasive material, and they are just always too baggy! I don't want it sking tight, but it needs to fit well at least. They just never do!

If I was going for a fleece I would opt for either the HH Field Jacket, a fibre pile fleece or one of the Buffalo range of fibre pile jackets with a pertex shell. Saying that, what's wrong with tough warm wool? It'll stand up to a reasonable amount of abuse and won't melt on to your skin when a stray spark finds its' way to you. I am a complete convert to woolen clothing now, I wish I had used it when I was in the Forces, exercise may have been a more bearable time!

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Wetstuff,

I had these people make up some microfibre sports tops for my D o E group at school. The top photo shows the item in question and sounds like the sort of thing you are after!

http://www.price-buckland.co.uk/subcategory.asp?sid=8

IIRC the minimum order was 12 mixed items.

Embroidered, mine came to about £19 per top and have been ok quality wise, although they are not in the same league as some top notch fleeces. I also had some polo shirts nade up and these were up to expected standards as well.

They had a good customer service ethos as well, sending out plain samples for quality assessment, and again sent samples of embroidery when the design was finalised, all Free of Charge.

HTH!

Simon

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Thanks for the advice.

I had a re look at that charity shop one, Ill give it a miss, on closer look, its a cheapo job.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE