Sorel sizes?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm finally treating myself to a pair of Sorels, but likely buying them online, what are the sizes like?

Are they large anyway to take a thicker winter sock or should I go up half a size?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Great boots, keep me toasty. They aren't particularly deep, but are suitably wide for British feet. I bought the same size as I do for most wide-ish footwear a UK 12. due to the felt liners I don't go overboard on socks just wearing a standard single thickish winter pair. If you go too thick on the socks getting your foot with the inner on inside the boot can be a PITA.

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I went up half a size and added nylon mesh insoles.

Last edited:

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
As I recall I simply ordered my normal size and the boot came suitably proportioned to accommodate, without excessive slop, the full height pull-on liners that can be worn as waterproof slippers and are great for attending to a call of nature when under canvas. The model in question is not however the now fashionable pack boot with wool or felt calf trim but rather a super-rugged leather hunting boot:

88234ec3-60ed-46d3-8554-643140b828b4_zpsincqteqe.jpg

Needles to say they don't get much use in Lowland Britain!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE