Song Thrush

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
One of the things that always gladens my heart at this time of year is when the song thrushes begin singing again. They always seem to start early on in the year.

However, one of the things I have noticed, and I am wondering if it is just me, is that song thrushes sing louder and higher in the trees at the start of the year. As the year progresses they become more subdued and come down into the undergrowth more.

I'm sure there are good behavioural reasons for this (I can think of several) but it's noticing things like this that make the experience more than just listening to a bird singing a pretty song.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
They are prolly marking their territory early on to mark their spot... Just a guess..

We have a few song thrushes round here but not heard one singing yet, looking forward to it though....

Ben_Hillwalker

Forager
Sep 19, 2005
Surrey
Strange, I would have thought that they would start earlier in Cornwall.

There are several song thrushes singing round my way including one that I passed on my way to work this morning.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Strange, I would have thought that they would start earlier in Cornwall.

There are several song thrushes singing round my way including one that I passed on my way to work this morning.
Yes, I would of thought so to...Apart from the rain recently its like spring here, I am working outside in a T shirt, dafs and snowdrops are out and the birds are getting frisky, but I am still waiting to hear the song thrush...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE