some really different tents! well kind of !!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
owwkayy....
To me, these just look ridiculous......

something for citydwellers, who have no idea what camping is about, but want to tell crazy stories to their friends, so they can get attention.....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think those are beautiful :D

If no one pushes the boundaries, nothing develops, and all of those have thought behind their designs.
I think I like to feel the air around me though so I don't think the plastic bubble one would be something I'd like to be in for longer than a rain shower.

I imagine that all of them are prohibitively expensive at present.

Thanks for the links :D

cheers,
M

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i love the teardrop one, i think a night in one of those would be a great experiance. the bottom one looks suspiciously photo-shopped to me, is that a real tent or just a designers concept?

stuart

EdS

Yikes - that tree hanger one is a HSE nightmare!!

Nice find!

No its not - its not an industrial work place so of no concern of HSE, even if it was UK rather than Dutch.

Simple risk assesment - problems identified, mitgations in place if needed. Job done. Might take you maybe 10 minutes when first put up - if hiring out. Aboslutely 0 if for personal use.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Y'know ? If we invested in a wheen of those wee teardrop ones, we could have Loch Achray or Loch Chon woods looking like a very surreal clachan :D Wonder if we could midgie proof them ?

cheers,
M

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Y'know ? If we invested in a wheen of those wee teardrop ones, we could have Loch Achray or Loch Chon woods looking like a very surreal clachan :D Wonder if we could midgie proof them ?

cheers,
M

sounds like a wonderfull plan toddy, 'twould look like "they'd" finally landed. however, maybe you should have a glance here first, make sure you sit down before you scroll down to the price.

sorry.

stuart

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:yikes:
Intended for treehugging road protestors ??? Not likely :rollyes:
For that money we could buy the whole blooming campsite :sigh:

Oh well, :dunno: next idea ?

cheers,
M

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor

cheers,
M

I think if you hung those all over the loch woods you would have a lot of crashes on the loch side road with people rubber necking !!:lmao::lmao:

Jason

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
....Oh well, :dunno: next idea ?...

second hand zorb ball and an old pallet?

$50,000 does seem a little much for your average swampy type doesn't it, maybe there's some good money in protesting in holland, we could be missing a trick here!

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Very good mate, we could have used them at the kings house hotel last week during the west highland way when we got hit with 40mph winds and rain coming sideways like bullets as well as the standard full flowing river through our tarps.....at 2am in the morning i would have paid $50,000 just so i didnt have to sleep in a puddle....

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Very good mate, we could have used them at the kings house hotel last week during the west highland way when we got hit with 40mph winds and rain coming sideways like bullets as well as the standard full flowing river through our tarps.....at 2am in the morning i would have paid $50,000 just so i didnt have to sleep in a puddle....

Yip i agree !

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

Ach, you could just have slept in those elegant black drysuits :D

M

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
I would have Mary if they had been ultralight drysuits, im not into hiking with 26kg on my back any more.

I set off on the west highland way last week with a weight of 8.5kg for the week, that was all my camping gear, food, water and fuel, got some more gear today that will take my base weight down to less than 3.3kg (all my gear except food/water and fuel).

For the first time ever i also used trail shoes that were basically just mesh and weight about 200g each, my feet got soaked every day, but you know what? no blister, no tired feet and i felt really fresh every time i finished a section of the walk, so no way am i carrying a drysuit, but if you want to be my sherpa Mary, i would happily let you carry my teardrop tree tent and drysuit. :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE