Some pics of me Landy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Land Rovers NEED hand crafted parts!!

Home made snorkle - Get the £25 sand type snorkle top (fits inside drainpiping), then get 1No length of standard drain pipe, 2No standard drainpipe brackets, 2No 90 degree joints for the top, and as many as you need for the lower lengths, then joint it all together using plastic cement/ hotglue gun. The drain pipe fits inside the opening into the air filter cannister (ie remove the air trumpet from the bit the air filter is in).

I did that for my G reg Disco and the chap who bought it drove up from Devon BECAUSE it had a snokle!!

Wading - while the engine air intake is up at the top of the wing, the axle and gearbox/transfer box breather tubes end up in the wheel arches. So, when your nice hot axle drives into a lovely cool stream, the air in the axle contracts and if you're in too deep, sucks the water & silt into your axle/gearbox/transfer box (£££).

Chris

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I remember following a Fire Brigade landy through some floods on the fosse way from the summer, one guy had to get out and check they weren't too deep. He did a double take as he saw me following behind!!

Had a call at 4pm from a mate stuck in gloucester, finally arrived at 12pm because people didn't realise that deep water was bad for cars!! Muppets.

Got my snorkel from a chap in france on fleabay £180 all in...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE