Some of my leather work this year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
It's been a long time since I posted on BCUK but we have had big changes in our lifestyle, and I'm now doing leather work full-time on the Isle of Harris. It's been a busy season, over the (non) summer that we have had here, with lots of rain and lots of craft markets, but the tourists are starting to thin out now, so there's a bit of time to take stock and start planning for Christmas markets and the next year's markets.

Here's a selection of some of the things that I have been doing this year. Hopefully the long winter will let me do some more work on expanding the range.

Souvenir drinks coasters, stamped with a map of the Outer Hebrides.

IMG_0441.jpg_zpsjbebb8zu.png

Leather tankards.

IMG_0459.jpg_zpsorxuqexe.png

Hand carved ram's head, on a leather tankard.

IMG_7225_zpsjwphy9qv.jpg

And still on the theme of drink, a hand carved highland cattle head, on a whiskey tumbler.

IMG_0740.jpg_zps9tkpr3fw.png

What I like to call a mediaeval style coin purse, personalised with hand carved initials.

IMG_0460.jpg_zpsballs9u1.png

IMG_0461.jpg_zpsqzdzsaes.png

Some leather bound journals.

IMG_0437.jpg_zps7e6xxvfs.png

Modelled on the style of the journals, some mini fly wallets.

IMG_0646.jpg_zpsjac7ckpq.png

My entry for the South Harris Agricultural Show.

IMG_0679.jpg_zpsxzsddyth.png

A new venture into ladies' bags. A LOT of hand stitching in these.

IMG_0705.jpg_zpsbdcncfjj.png

And my classic oak-bark tanned bridle leather belts.

IMG_0653.jpg_zpsukgfdcuk.png

Thanks for looking.

Geoff

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
Lovely work as always Geoff. Glad to see that things are working out for you, now that you've emigrated from the beautiful South!

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Lovely stuff I like the journals. How often are you up in Harris? I'm up occasionally with work but not as often as I'd like.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE