Some new stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
A few new bits in the usual 'rustic' style!

4sheath1.jpg

The longest one, at the bottom, is 01, approx. 4mm with a 170mm blade. The handle is Ramshorn secured with brass rivets. Veg tan sheath with bone bead decorations.

The next, 1st left at the top, is a cowhorn handled skinner. 75ni8 blade, 3mm x 110mm, copper pins and more veg tan.

The middle one is more Ramshorn and copper rivets with a laminated blade of 140mm. Veg tan and bone sheath.

The last one, top right, is a utility\hunter in 78ni8. (115mm x 3mm) Ramshorn, copper rivets and leather thong. More veg tan with a bit of, not brilliant, tooling!

4sheath2.jpg

4open1.jpg

4open2.jpg

single.jpg

I've only done one close up to give a general idea of the 'rustic' finish. None of them are what could be described as collectors quality, but as users, beaters and general workers, they should excel - but pretty they ain't!

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
My kind of style

Juttle, how do you ‘flatten’ cow horn before using it?

Heat and pressure, I use a couple of 15mm Ali plates, a handful of 'G' clamps and a hot air stripper set on low. The other thing you need is time, heat a bit, squeeze a bit, wait, repeat! Do it too quickly and you'll split the horn. Apparently you could boil the horn and then flatten, although I've not tried that.

I'm glad you all like these, despite the rubbish pix, they'll be going on sale soon if anybody fancies one!

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Boiling makes it pretty soft. Nice work mate. :)

Heat and pressure, I use a couple of 15mm Ali plates, a handful of 'G' clamps and a hot air stripper set on low. The other thing you need is time, heat a bit, squeeze a bit, wait, repeat! Do it too quickly and you'll split the horn. Apparently you could boil the horn and then flatten, although I've not tried that.

I'm glad you all like these, despite the rubbish pix, they'll be going on sale soon if anybody fancies one!

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
How much would you take for the middle one on the top row, for instance??

I'm doing some better shots of these tomorrow before they go on sale, but I'll PM you to avoid turning this into a sales thread.

Thanks all for your interest!

Sparky415

Tenderfoot
Feb 10, 2013
Oxfordshire

Boiling makes it pretty soft. Nice work mate. :)

Thanks Guys I will give these a try

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Saw these over on BB last night. I reckon they're very appealing and the rustic look belies the skill involved. Your leatherwork is very tidy too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE