Some of my latest Leatherwork

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I haven't been posting up so much as just moved house this weekend over to a farm near Dumfries, things have been hectic!

Anyway, here are just a few of the pieces I managed to get done last month

As always, my sporrans are popular so made quite a few interesting ones :)

This is a personal favourite. A sporran for a fella in the US Navy. We went with the original 1776 emblem for the front as it has such a nice flow, and he wanted his pistol and rifle expert badges tooled on the back.

HalfGoatLeather US Navy Sporran by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Another US navy sporran this time in black and blue

HalfGoat US NAVY Sporran 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

This sporran and belt set was commissioned as a gift for a newly graduated farrier

HalfGoatLeather Farrier Sporran Belt Set by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Wolfy sporran
HalfGoat TwinWolf Sporran by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

This larger belt pouch was commissioned by a viking reenactor in Germany. I love this style, they make great possibles pouches to dump things in

HalfGoat Leatherwork Viking Raven Hip Pouch by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

A couple more celtic phone cases made this month

HalfGoatLeatherwork Celtic Phone Casess by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Another wallet

HalfGoat Valknut Runes Wallet 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Valknut Runes Wallet 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

A bucnh of coin pouches for my exhibition this month
HalfGoat Coin pouches 32 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

A nice wee pictish wolf satchel which is up for sale in makers market
HalfGoatLeatherwork Pictish Wolf Satchel 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

And as well as moving at the weekend I was asked if I could skin a goat for the public and talk about the process from tanning a skin to making a finished product.But as most of you know, there is only so much you can do/show in the 10-15 minutes that you have peoples attention before they move on to the next thing. But I got a nice skin out of it i'll hopefully tan when the weather gets a bit warmer.
This was part of the Making the Most of the Moorlands project run by Langholm Initiative. The day included a guided walk along the moor with various guides, talks, music, a chainsaw carving display, my goat skinning, and ended with wild moorland food cooking with John Crouch. A cracking day all round!

Half Goat Leatherwork Moorland Skinning 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
Half Goat Leatherwork Moorland Skinning 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking :)

Charlz9mm

Forager
Jul 1, 2012
USA
Just fantastic. You have outclassed me by a light year. As an amateur leather crafter, I am amazed and humbled by your level of skill. Thank you for posting these pictures.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I get very bored looking at your leatherwork - the human eye and brain can only take so much excellence before it shuts down ... and yours is always excellent!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE