Some Knifeage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Having a week off work is great, got loads done including some blade blank handling that have been sitting on my bench for ages. First up was the twins, a couple of Stu Barker blanks. These are his take on the Canadian Belt Knife shape and are nice general purpose blades, surprisingly good for food prep as well as general camp jobs. I got them from Stu on British Blades but wasn't too keen on the belt finish they came with but some elbow grease soon got them shiiiinnneeey
biggrin.gif

DSCF2191.jpg

One is yew with red liners

DSCF2173.jpg

DSCF2177.jpg

and one is maple with black liners

DSCF2180.jpg

DSCF2186.jpg

The yew one turned out better than the maple, not enough figuring in the maple for my tastes but it maybe I just wasn't able to bring it out. Also the black liners aren't quite right at the bolster, not sure how it happened but one has slipped back under the wood about half a millimetre.
banghead.gif
Also the drill holes were a little large, I think I used the wrong corby bolts after drilling them and so you can see the epoxy ring.
banghead.gif
I think I'll have them off at some point but not right away.

Next up was another Stu Barker, a bead blasted necker with kydex sheath. Had some Carbon fibre and white liners I wanted to try and it came out really well. CF is horrible to work with but I'm really pleased with the results. Turning into a bit of a Stu B fanboy
biggrin.gif

DSCF2193.jpg

DSCF2198.jpg

Had to mod the Kydex sheath a little, not 100% happy with it but works great

DSCF2207.jpg

Too critical as usual!

Cheers,

Alan

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Big fan of the Canadian Belt knife style so I like those a lot. The second one looks like a handy dandy necker for utility use. Very nice work. I like that size for neckers. I have one that is kinda/almost/not really similar. :)

mini_nessmuk1b.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE