some decent tv last night for once

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Anyone else see the living off the grid prog bbc2 last night about a crofting family in the highlands and the Shackleton progs on the discovery channel again last night (got the latter recorded but what ive watched so far is very enjoyable)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Saw the Pococks last night. Really enjoyed it actually. Met Val (the gran) in May as Cougie traditionally have been very hospitable to TGO challengers- plenty of soup, bacon rolls and tea / coffee for weary walkers! Absolutely stunning part of the world and nice folks too.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Anyone else see the living off the grid prog bbc2 last night about a crofting family in the highlands and the Shackleton progs on the discovery channel again last night (got the latter recorded but what ive watched so far is very enjoyable)

Whats the programme called Andy?

Found it, cheers for the heads up :)

Last edited:

IanM

Nomad
Oct 11, 2004
UK
'Power to the Pococks', I am afraid that it was on BBC Scotland only, no iPlayer either.

Tough luck for us Sasanachs.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Sorry about that didnt know it was Beeb Scotland only, shame as it was a enjoyable prog, The Shakleton prog was good too,just finished watching (its like Bruce Parrys re creation of Scott trek,eg using as near to historical kit as possible to recreate the event)

RobbieD

Tenderfoot
Oct 17, 2013
East Anglia
Sorry about that didnt know it was Beeb Scotland only, shame as it was a enjoyable prog, The Shakleton prog was good too,just finished watching (its like Bruce Parrys re creation of Scott trek,eg using as near to historical kit as possible to recreate the event)

Just checked and is now available on iplayer.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I caught the end of the Shackleton thing which was very good.

I'll check the other one out on iplayer, I also called in at Vals for chicken soup and scones on the TGO in 2012 :) I think we were the first ones through that year.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE