some bushmoot questions

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
*have foreigners participated on previous moots?
i'm not going if i'm the only foreigner.
*is there a maximum number of participants?
*on previous moots, roughly when was the deadline for signing up?
* is it difficult to get to the site when i arrive to the UK by plane?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yes, there are others who come from abroad :D One of the Mods, Ahjno comes from Holland. Another regular moot attender is a lady from France.

Yes, there is a maximum number of participants.

The deadline is usually when all the places are taken. Speak to Tony and ask for any tighter timing than that.

No, Cardiff has an airport and there's good public transport to the nearest town and then a taxi to the site. If folks know when the train/bus is due in to Bridgend there can be lifts arranged sometimes if folks have a spare seat at the right time.

Hope this helps :D

cheers,
Toddy

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
*have foreigners participated on previous moots?
i'm not going if i'm the only foreigner.
*is there a maximum number of participants?
*on previous moots, roughly when was the deadline for signing up?
* is it difficult to get to the site when i arrive to the UK by plane?

I'd second what Mary mentioned above.

I'm one of those foreigners who attend the Moot. I first attended in 2008, knowing I'd be the only foreigner and knowing I'd know nobody else, except 2 of the other Mods, who I've met first in 2006. It might be scary, going abroad, meeting random strangers - but, know all those people attending are friendly and you both share a common interest / are likeminded. Everyone is in for a chat or give you a helping hand.

If you hang around on the forums, join in to discussions, show pics from your outings (on here Scandinavia is considered to be bushcraft Valhalla), etc. people "get to know you", and might be more willing to help you out with transport from busstation / airport.

If you decide to come over to the 2011 Moot, let me know - I hope to be around there again in the new year :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
steffen

the moot is open to any one mate englishman, foreigner, and well can u believe it we even let the scots come lol
so like i say you would be more than welcome and considering were you live you probably will make tons of friends all wanting to know what its like.
now in regards to lifts and what not i am sure some one woukd be albe to help you and if you get in contact a few weeks before i might be able to but cant promise anything yet

now in regards to being the only foreigner well you would only be a foreigner for five miniutes cos once you spend anytime at the moot you soon make mates cos theres all ways some one up for a natter (even for a chatterbox like me) so once a mate never a foreigner, because as long as you love bushcraft were you come from dont matter

drew

drew

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
We've had people come from France, Italy, Holland, Jersey (Carlo is foreign!), Canada, Spain and other places, you'll not be alone and it's very very friendly :D

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Allow forigners in? - Even the English are welcome! :)

And Texans
TexasSmiley.gif

Jun 18, 2010
Near York
Where do the dog owners camp please, and what do they do with their dogs whilst visiting the Moot? We are three families, all with dogs, who want to participate as fully as possible in the Moot and we are perfectly capable of chaining our well behaved dogs to the towing eyes of our vehicles.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE