Some Alpkit gear

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
NO AFFILIATION TO THE COMPANY!!!! JUST A SATISFIED CUSTOMER :)

Right guys. Recently i spent about £155 on alpkit gear. I just wanted to tell every one how good that money was spent! :)

1. Alpkit Pipedream 600
This is a down sleeping bag. I bought mine second hand but new it will set you back £170.
Its extreme rating -10. I spent last night out in it and it was -1 and i was toasty. It has a nice little pocket in it for you mobile or other stuff. The quality is great. I cannot fault the entire thing. It has two sinch cords. One for the baffle and one for the hood. It is ample long enough and has a really nice feel to it. It weighs 950g which i think is awesome!
I made a video on it:
[video=youtube;5GsPVgkvF3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GsPVgkvF3s&feature=g-crec-u[/video]
Pics:
106_0802.jpg

Get it here: http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16416&category_id=286

2. Alpkit Dirtbag roll mat

This is my alpkit dirtbag sleeping mat. It is imensley comfortable but combines this with being light. Great. :)
It will set you back £40
It inflates quick with the help of a few breaths of air. It is red on one side and silver on the other. It comes with a nice stuff sack and repair kit. I love this mat. Simple :)
Pics:
106_0809.jpg

106_0808.jpg

The thing uinder it is a windscreen reflector just to keep it off the wet ground.

Get it here: http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16533&category_id=253

3. Alpkit Titanium Snapwires

Finally i bought some snapwire utensiles. I got a Spoon, spork and knife. They are a cutlery set made out of titanium that fold away. They are really good and fold away handily. They weigh next to nothing. I have found the spork the handiest. You also get a discount if you but three at the same time.

Pics:
106_0817.jpg

106_0818.jpg

106_0819.jpg

Get them Here: http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16378&category_id=283

I have hear that Alpkit's customer service is second to none but have had nothing to complain about yet so its just what ive heard! :)

Thanks for looking.
I would recommend the stuff to anybody.

P.s If i get anymore Alpkit gear ill add it to list.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Good stuff Jacob, it's all good gear, I've got tons of it.

Just managed to get my mitts on a rare Pipedream 200 about five minutes ago :)

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Interesting mate. So its like the bottom half that is used with a down vest or jacket. Intrigued but not for me though. :)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Interesting mate. So its like the bottom half that is used with a down vest or jacket. Intrigued but not for me though. :)

I think it'll work quite nicely in my spring summer trekking kit, I usually carry a down jacket for the cooler nights so why not wear it to sleep in too.

It might work nicely as an extra layer for really cold trips too

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
Looks like you're a bit of an Alpkit fan!

I've got the MytiMug, folding spork and some of their pegs and they're all spot on. I've heard good things re the socks but they no longer sell the old ones and it looks like it may be some time before the new versions appear.

Nearly bought the Hunka XL bivy a while ago too, it all seems to be good stuff and I've heard the customer service is really good as well.

...Just managed to get my mitts on a rare Pipedream 200 about five minutes ago :)

Interesting! Not seen these before, looking forward to hearing how you get on with it

Matt

How do you find the PD for "snugness"? I was thinking that they would be a bit tight for sleeping in the hammock.

As a result I recently got an Alpkit SH 800 and managed to try it out at our last meet. I can say it was well worth the purchase. Packing a heck of a lot smaller and lighter than the army doss bag I had. I found when I was sleeping in it that it was nice and warm, but not overly warm where you sweat to death. It will get tried out alot more next year.

If you get the chance read the instruction label one morning on the sleeping bags, makes an interesting read.

I still use the Alpkit Slim Airic which I think they stopped doing or have replaced with their new range.

Great pieces of kit.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I too have had tons of Alpkit stuff and highly rate them. They just won an award I believe, best online retailer or some such... Probably just pipped podcast bob though!

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Thanks for the comments guys.
Pandabean
I find the PD just right. The alpkit bags are great. It packs down small. Have had no issues in a hammock so far

Kiltedpict
Nice to hear youve got lots of it Ive just ordered some of their carabiners so ill do a review on them. I saw the award, good for them! :)

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Another Alpkit fan here, the Gamma has to be the best head torch for the money. When I eventually upgrade to a down bag I'll probable be getting me a pipe dream too.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Great customer service too it has to be said, after I got into a sticky pickle with my Gourdon on a ski lift in Chamonix they replaced two of the buckles for free. Then a few weeks ago I burnt a hole in my Filet when it fell against my tent stove and disintegrated instantly, I rang them up and they said send it in and we'll have a look, four days later I got it back all patched up nicely.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
I also have a gamma and love it. For the money it is the best! :) Ill do a little review soon. Just ordered some of there crabs. Cant wait.

Shewie that back up my theory of great customer service, they go the extra mile. :)

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I found the AlpKit sleeping bags to have very snaggy zips. With nothing to keep the thin fabric out of the zip teeth, it was a long and tricky process to zip the bag up in the night. Have they put something in to fix that yet?

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
I've one of the Alpkit Filo jackets, not the newest variant but still superb, it's official colour is "Kelp" which is sort of a grey/ green colour. Two zipped pockets on the front and one inside. The detachable hood is most imortantly big enough for my oversize bonce
smile.png

Build quality is bombproof and I reckon that it wins the "Bit of Kit I Use/Carry the Most" award.

belzeebob23

Settler
Jun 7, 2009
glasgow
Hey all
I am a big fan of there stuff and there customer service is second to none .
Only problem is stock availability, they did tend to sell out quickly, limited runs.
I now think they have solved this issue, with them moving to bigger premises.
One of the very few companies I would recommend.

Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE