So who owns a Caravan and what have you got ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hodge

Forager
Aug 3, 2018
West Midlands
I have a 1996 Continental Mirage caravan which is kept at a site near Much Wenlock in Shropshire. Used it as respite when I was going through a difficult domestic situation. Was going to count how many times I was going to use it this year and then decide whether to sell it. However, due to covid I have only used it twice this year. Will decide next summer whether to keep it. If I could get a permission to bushcraft I probably would not use the van.

Reactions: Robbi

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
Ex Caravaner, we had a Swift Charisma 570, until the Pikeys helped themselves to it.
Still have the metal ladder for the 6th bunk in the loft.
To be honest, don’t miss it as the last couple of holidays were rainy fortnights in Cornwall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reddave

Life Member
Mar 15, 2006
stalybridge
TBH, I've been looking at getting one recently but the prices have shot up. I don't think it's an increase in demand, more like profiteering, same with used car prices

Reactions: lou1661

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i think there has been a huge increase in demand, holidays abroad are really a no no for the foreseeable future so caravans and campervans are in big demand.

we were away since wednesday, couple of fantastic days then rain in biblical proportions, got absolutely soaked packing up this morning.

( Swift Sterling Elite 580 being dragged around with a Ssangyong Rexton 2.2 )

Reactions: umbracanis

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
We've just sold a 2005 Adria Altea (against my better judgement but ...). Had a smaller Adria before that.

I'm not up-to-date with the current models but the two we've had were both fantastic value for money

Towed it with a Jeep Patriot Sport + and before that a SSangyong Kyron and before that a Tata Safari.

With all 3 vehicles barely knew it was on the back.

Best Wishes,
David

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Cant believe I am saying this but we are thinking of a Van for family camping. There I have come out and said it. :inpain:
Whilst we Love the Belltent its the setup and trying to stuff all our kit in the car and small trailer, enough for two adults and two kids. Then having to dry the tent for days afterwards when it doesnt stop raining for days at a time.

Problem as mentioned above is that the prices seem to have shot up of recent. Will watch with interest.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Cant believe I am saying this but we are thinking of a Van for family camping. There I have come out and said it. :inpain:
Whilst we Love the Belltent its the setup and trying to stuff all our kit in the car and small trailer, enough for two adults and two kids. Then having to dry the tent for days afterwards when it doesnt stop raining for days at a time.

Problem as mentioned above is that the prices seem to have shot up of recent. Will watch with interest.

We upgrade from our beloved bell tent to a caravan 3 years ago .... we can help you through this :)

Honestly, it's a great move, with an awning on the side you can still live "outside" as it were, you just have a warm and dry place to sleep off the ground with a really convenient toilet for those night time needs.

Oct 23, 2020
Dewsbury
Hi,
We have a coachman amera 560/6 2007 and I tow it with a 57 plate Shogun LWB.
We missed all three trips away last year like most folks I guess.
Hopefully back to Market Rasen April and May and then down to Norfolk in summer.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Some of the sites are taking bookings now so we've booked 3 local- ish weekends away in May, June and September, no idea if we'll get to go but at least we have a pitched booked if we can travel etc..

Strange times

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
It is more than 20 years since I owned a caravan. My first was a Sprite Alpine, no mains electric, no shower, porta potti for a toilet and a gas lamp with mantle. It was still luxury compared to the caravan I stayed in as a nipper, I mean it had a fridge!!!!! Nowadays caravans have changed beyond all recognition, I like to go around the Caravans at the NEC show now and then just to see how things have come on.

Reactions: Robbi

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE